Like Tree526Likes

China is a basket case....

Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast

Black market bridge permits offered at HK$450,000 - RTHK

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Well I can understand why people would but not why a company wanting to do business in China would. Stupidity, ignorance and arrogance are the words that come to my mind.
    It would been some low level programmer using the word territory rather than country. A non issue to the majority of the world

‘Racist’ Chinese Spring Festival Gala TV show causes uproar over ‘blackface and big bottoms’ | South China Morning Post

Unbelievable number of comments (417) in the SCMP about the crass skit at the annual propaganda extravaganza on CCTV.

Unfortunately most of the highly aligned comments are pointing at how racist western culture was. Pure whataboutism from hundreds of what some would assume paid posters. Why is the CCP so sensitivity about being seen as race intensive?
    Last edited by East_coast; 18-02-2018 at 12:35 AM.
    Mefisto likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    ‘Racist’ Chinese Spring Festival Gala TV show causes uproar over ‘blackface and big bottoms’ | South China Morning Post

Unbelievable number of comments (417) in the SCMP about the crass skit at the annual propaganda extravaganza on CCTV.

Unfortunately most of the highly aligned comments are pointing at how racist western culture was. Pure whataboutism from hundreds of what some would assume paid posters. Why is the CCP so sensitivity about being seen as race intensive?
    How do Africans view the skit? (I mean Africans as in people from African, as opposed to "African Americans" ). It would be quite interesting to hear from any of them, if they are on the board. Since most of the comments from white folks say more about the white folks than either the Chinese or the Africans.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    How do Africans view the skit? (I mean Africans as in people from African, as opposed to "African Americans" ). It would be quite interesting to hear from any of them, if they are on the board. Since most of the comments from white folks say more about the white folks than either the Chinese or the Africans.
    was reading US yahoo comments about this a few days ago. most said they were not offended. but then again, most of them sounded like trump voters. so...

I agree that that is a more valid getting the views of Sub-Saharan Africa. But the point that was interesting for me was the biggest quantity of aligned comments on any article for many months pretty much all stating that the barbarous West are the real racists (which is xenophobic at best).

Why would a country go to such lengths with 412 comments on an fluff piece article in a state mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:
    was reading US yahoo comments about this a few days ago. most said they were not offended. but then again, most of them sounded like trump voters. so...
    Why would people in Africa support Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    I agree that that is a more valid getting the views of Sub-Saharan Africa. But the point that was interesting for me was the biggest quantity of aligned comments on any article for many months pretty much all stating that the barbarous West are the real racists (which is xenophobic at best).

Why would a country go to such lengths with 412 comments on an fluff piece article in a state mouth.
    Perhaps they are real people?

Perhaps they are real people?
    Most articles about HK get 10 or so comments.

Articles about Joshua Wong get 150 or so (140 all saying the same thing)

China being racist or at least naive in terms of cultural understanding got the highest. A government that wastes so much energy is not a good government
    angeluscomplex likes this.

Western culture is still racist, but I agree that pointing that out doesn't address the issue at hand, especially when Africans don't have a history of colonization like Western culture does.

"Blackface" and racial stereotypes shouldn't be used to depict Africans/African Americans in the media, period. I'm reminded of Robert Downey Jr's role in Tropic Thunder back in 2008, where he went "full blackface" for the role. There was controversy over the film back then but it went on to make $188 million.

Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast