Like Tree208Likes

UBTV & IPTV Smartboxes - FAQs and Reviews

Closed Thread
Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 90 95 96 97 98 99 LastLast

My friend is having trouble using ubox on the broadband from 3hk.
    He said the live tv, especially Japanese tv, would be stuttering, sometimes even get stuck.
    I checked that my ubox seems ok at the same time when he said he couldn't watch.
    Has anyone experienced the same?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by chuliu:
    My friend is having trouble using ubox on the broadband from 3hk.
    He said the live tv, especially Japanese tv, would be stuttering, sometimes even get stuck.
    I checked that my ubox seems ok at the same time when he said he couldn't watch.
    Has anyone experienced the same?

Thanks.
    I am not located in HK. However, also here are the Japanese channels often stuttering. Especially during the Japanese evening hour shows, and even more so during the weekends. This is a well-known issue and already happening for multiple years. My guess would be that Unblock has not enough server capacity installed to serve all Japanese people that use such a box.
    chuliu likes this.

Does anybody have an Unblock Tech gen 4? Or the Boss TV box? Which one is better?

I've been using there 4th gen since it came out and its money well spent. I haven't used the Boss TV box but have seen demos of it in the shops in SSP, and I think its geared more to the Mainland Chinese, whilst the marketing of the UBTV (from their FB page) seems to cover more of SE Asia.

I've actually found their servers to have been more stable since the turn of the year, I used to never be able to stream the UK channels such as ITV or BBC2 (BBC1 was always fine), but they now stream OK. Same goes for the UK sports channels I watch (BT Sports 1, BT Sports 2 and SkySports 1), they used to be jittery once every other connection, but most times now they stream jitter free.

chuckster007 and shamblesuk like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    I've been using there 4th gen since it came out and its money well spent. I haven't used the Boss TV box but have seen demos of it in the shops in SSP, and I think its geared more to the Mainland Chinese, whilst the marketing of the UBTV (from their FB page) seems to cover more of SE Asia.

I've actually found their servers to have been more stable since the turn of the year, I used to never be able to stream the UK channels such as ITV or BBC2 (BBC1 was always fine), but they now stream OK. Same goes for the UK sports channels I watch (BT Sports 1, BT Sports 2 and SkySports 1), they used to be jittery once every other connection, but most times now they stream jitter free.
    Yeah i saw a demo in ssp but my canto is not that good. I think he said you can actually watch the channels on your phone by downloading an app and syncing the ubox? A bit like a slingbox? This feature if works really caught my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by NAMBLA:
    Yeah i saw a demo in ssp but my canto is not that good. I think he said you can actually watch the channels on your phone by downloading an app and syncing the ubox? A bit like a slingbox? This feature if works really caught my eye.
    its mentioned briefly in the manual, but I haven’t looked into it. AFAIK, if it’s on a iPhone then it needs to be jailbroken.

My HDKAN subscription expired yesterday.. We mainly used it for babytv for the little one and other English documentary channels (history, dmax, etc).

Before I renew the subscription for another year - is there any newer/better apk's out there that anyone recommends?

I run it on my Minix android tv box. And no, I don't want to buy another UBox (which I use in the other room)

Quote Originally Posted by leeh97:
    For any Ubtv owners, have you been able to upgrade the software? There is an upgrade app with local and network upgrade but network upgrade always yields a message saying unable to reach network. Is this typical of a low cost android device, ie never expect any updates.

Thankd
    My UBTV app upgraded a few days ago.

Anyone experiencing problems lately with version 2? I find showbox freezes regularly before watching a film or tv show and I have to restart. UBTV is also getting very sluggish. And the UI seems to have slowed dramatically. Cynical way to make you buy a new one or just old age (bought summer 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by shamblesuk:
    Anyone experiencing problems lately with version 2? I find showbox freezes regularly before watching a film or tv show and I have to restart. UBTV is also getting very sluggish. And the UI seems to have slowed dramatically. Cynical way to make you buy a new one or just old age (bought summer 2016)
    I've given the version 2 to someone months back, but the software update is slightly sluggish even on my ver 4.