Like Tree24Likes

No frill Credit card

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

I think neat is expensive.

Take a look at this thread - https://geoexpat.com/forum/135/thread339339.html

This might be an option for you.

https://www.citibank.com.hk/english/...tmchipcard.htm

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I think neat is expensive.

Take a look at this thread - https://geoexpat.com/forum/135/thread339339.html

This might be an option for you.

https://www.citibank.com.hk/english/...tmchipcard.htm
    For neat, am I missing anything ?

They have mentioned following list of charges on their website;
    ATM Withdrawal - 2.5% with a minimum fee of HK$25
    Transaction Refund - HK$3
    Card Replacement - HK$50
    HKD Transaction Foreign Merchant - 1.5%
    Check Balance on ATM - HK$4

About that Citibank 2-in-1 card, I think I already have same card but can not use for online purchases.

On another front, I just got call from Citi and they need some documents to proceed further with application of CB card applied last month - quite strange though. May be I should have opened thread earlier ?

Ok, thats not too bad at all. I was under the impression that there was a deposit fee. I stand corrected.

No frills CC - really you must be kidding. Should be getting either cashback or high air miles earning rate to redeem for flights.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    No frills CC - really you must be kidding. Should be getting either cashback or high air miles earning rate to redeem for flights.
    Not everyone is as lucky! Getting a card in other countries with easier access to your credit score is generally a less gut-wrenching situation. I remember staring in (somewhat feigned) shock at the "premier" person at the bank when they suggested approval of the associated credit card wasn't guaranteed.

Two things happened yesterday within span of an hour

Before returning home from office, I went to check for guys on street selling SIM cards as Lycamobile outgoing was down for close to 5 days. But instead of any guys selling SIM, I found guys selling broadband and another counter selling Citibank credit cards. I went ahead and applied for Cashback card with all documents they needed. In their app on iPad, preliminary approval was instant with credit limit being twice my monthly salary. I would need to wait for final approval.

When I reached home, I found Neat card had reached my letter box. I activated that card also - yet to transfer any funds and make any transaction.

rani and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by vyral_143:
    Two things happened yesterday within span of an hour

Before returning home from office, I went to check for guys on street selling SIM cards as Lycamobile outgoing was down for close to 5 days. But instead of any guys selling SIM, I found guys selling broadband and another counter selling Citibank credit cards. I went ahead and applied for Cashback card with all documents they needed. In their app on iPad, preliminary approval was instant with credit limit being twice my monthly salary. I would need to wait for final approval.

When I reached home, I found Neat card had reached my letter box. I activated that card also - yet to transfer any funds and make any transaction.
    Did you get a free suitcase with the Citibank credit card? I applied for one of those cashback credit cards in a shopping mall last weekend and got the free suitcase and they will give $1500 cashback (10%) for spending $15k over the first 2 months. Then I will cancel it. Or I might keep it since they offer 2% cashback for all dining and hotel spending and 1% for others. I now have the Standard Chartered Simply cash that offers 1.5% flat for everything in HK. So I guess best way to maximise cashback on HKD spending would be to use Citibank for dining and hotel (2%), and SCB for everything else (1.5%).

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Did you get a free suitcase with the Citibank credit card?
    Nope, the guy said it is for $399

Quote Originally Posted by vyral_143:
    Nope, the guy said it is for $399
    Bastards. Citibank are in the business of selling suitcases in shopping malls now? They are supposed to be a free gift when you sign up for a credit card and they tried to charge you $399 for it?

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Bastards. Citibank are in the business of selling suitcases in shopping malls now? They are supposed to be a free gift when you sign up for a credit card and they tried to charge you $399 for it?
    Yup, since they asked for $399, I declined it. Along with me, my colleague also applied for a CC. So two suitcases for that guy.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast