Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By East_coast

Hopewell Centre II - timeline

Closed Thread

Hopewell Centre II - timeline

I'm living near Hopewell Centre in Wan Chai. The construction noise of the new Hopewell Centre II is insane. 8am to 6pm Monday-Saturday non-stop hammering and traffic jams due to large trucks blocking the road.

Our dear agent said the drilling would be finished by Oct 2017, but here we are in Apr 2018 and it seems nowhere close to being finished. I'm hoping the noise will be somewhat more tolerable after the drilling is complete.

I have contacted Hopewell Holdings directly for an exact timeline but all they could tell me was that all construction works will be completed by 2021. Does anyone have more information before I lose my mind? Many thanks

Shouldn't you be asking when Hopewell 3 starts on Swatow Street?

MandM! likes this.

You're kidding right?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralAladeen:
    You're kidding right?
    East_Coast isn't kidding, there really is a third building planned on the site of 153 to 167 Queen's Road East, but building isn't expected to start until 2022. It's a mid-rise rather than a high rise and as construction down at ground level and doesn't require digging out a huge chunk of rock, hopefully it won't be so disruptive. The initial planning application has already gone in.

http://www.info.gov.hk/tpb/tc/plan_a...409_0_gist.pdf

Building noise just seems to be an inevitable part of living in Hong Kong and there probably aren't many urban areas where you can escape it for any length of time. At least they don't work Sundays or public holidays.

I also live near Hopewell 2 and I don't think the noise is quite as bad now they are digging the foundations, rather than taking out the rock, but agree it is still annoying background noise. The noise will of course drop significantly once they stop digging and start building, which I imagine will be later this year, but of course the traffic disruption will continue as they bring materials on-site and even once the building is occupied, traffic will of course remain a problem as the roads round there are so narrow.

Is there still a lot of noise near Hopewell Center II ? We are considering moving to Kennerdy Road just in front of construction site but we are a bit worried of the noise. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scousebanana:
    East_Coast isn't kidding, there really is a third building planned on the site of 153 to 167 Queen's Road East, but building isn't expected to start until 2022. It's a mid-rise rather than a high rise and as construction down at ground level and doesn't require digging out a huge chunk of rock, hopefully it won't be so disruptive. The initial planning application has already gone in.

http://www.info.gov.hk/tpb/tc/plan_a...409_0_gist.pdf

Building noise just seems to be an inevitable part of living in Hong Kong and there probably aren't many urban areas where you can escape it for any length of time. At least they don't work Sundays or public holidays.

I also live near Hopewell 2 and I don't think the noise is quite as bad now they are digging the foundations, rather than taking out the rock, but agree it is still annoying background noise. The noise will of course drop significantly once they stop digging and start building, which I imagine will be later this year, but of course the traffic disruption will continue as they bring materials on-site and even once the building is occupied, traffic will of course remain a problem as the roads round there are so narrow.

Are you living there ? Seems no more pilling