Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By bsh
  • 1 Post By z754103

Where can I buy a power(electric) wheelchair?

Closed Thread

Where can I buy a power(electric) wheelchair?

Hi all, I'm looking for a power/electric wheelchair but it seems like those salespersons in most of the retail stores cannot speak proper English, do you guys have any idea where can I find a store/shop that sells wheelchair and they can explain the details in English? Many thanks!!

Has your doc / therapist not recommended an appropriate one?

I'm generally of the opinion that it is better to seek advice from non-profits who deal with these issues on a bulk level, as opposed to a boutique store or service that speaks English. Sure they won't be 100% fluent .. but will be able to give you some good / competent advice.

Not sure about stores but a couple of pointers for you to investigate.

Rehab Society -

The Hong Kong Society for Rehabilitation

Wheel Chair Association - (Their website is in Chinese but is easy to figure out - look for the resources section for more links)

香港輪椅輔助隊 - Hong Kong Wheelchair Aid Service

I think the red cross might also have some resources to look up.

z754103 likes this.

Also try the hospital rehab shops. Even if they don’t have a model in stock, they can usually point you to a file or folder with several company names in it.YOU’re looking at 20 K upwards for a heavy bulky model.

I got one from a company called Wheelchair888 for around 27K. It’s foldable and weighs around 27 kegs so could be put into the boot of a car.

https://www.wheelchair88.com/product...eel-pw-1000xl/

shri likes this.

Ask your doctor to refer you to an occupational therapist who can help you select the right one for your needs. It's a little extra cost but will pay off if you or your friend/relative need to spend any extended amount of time using it, especially going around HK to do different things.

It's not as simple as just getting something within your budget that a sales person tells you is great/popular, especially as HK isn't designed for great mobility access. Lots of pros and cons to weigh up, depending on lifestyle, physical condition, etc etc

shri likes this.

are you still looking as we have one that has been barely used. My father has had a stroke and is unable to use it anymore. let me know and if you are interested, I can explain more. thanks