Like Tree6Likes

Customer payment using stolen credit card

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Sorry, should have asked earlier - was it shipped within HK or overseas?

Overseas cases are next to impossible to resolve through the cops.

Might want to consider upgrading to stripe or worldpay if you do considerable business - the info they supply vendors is considerably better than PayPal.

Things like CVV match, card issuing country, country the charge is being made from, shoppers ip, transaction risk rating etc. This will give you a better sense of the risk involved.
    Thanks for the reply. Its shipped within HK and the customer is HK resident so we believe its possible with the help from police. We also have the credit card payment option with stripe. Seems still not easy to avoid, now it just depends on HK police but its taking too long.

This is where cryptocurrency has an opportunity to solve an unfilled need. Not exactly where it stands now, but in the future.

I'm a believer that payments should be permanent and authorised each and every time by the owner. It's a very US culture to be able to complain to reverse charges, payments and more.

I dislike autopayments as I've ran into errors that took years (in the US) to fix and no one really cared either. Yes you don't have service with us, yes you won't be billed anymore, only to be billed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini84601:
    Thanks for the reply. Its shipped within HK and the customer is HK resident so we believe its possible with the help from police. We also have the credit card payment option with stripe. Seems still not easy to avoid, now it just depends on HK police but its taking too long.
    Who signed for the package and do you have a name and address? In that case you can insist that the police investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Who signed for the package and do you have a name and address? In that case you can insist that the police investigate.
    We provided phone number, name, address, package track number, email conversation etc..to police after they asked to fill a form with those details, but didn't expect it would take this long.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini84601:
    We provided phone number, name, address, package track number, email conversation etc..to police after they asked to fill a form with those details, but didn't expect it would take this long.
    If you have a case number, email or call the officer for an update. Also, consider going to 香港特別行政區政府及有關機構電話 - 免責聲明 and figuring out which team is investigating your case and approaching the case officer's boss or their boss.

By the way, take a look at this:

https://geoexpat.com/forum/53/thread...ml#post3569361

Was this delivery made to a warehouse in the NT?

Might want to consider upgrading to stripe or worldpay if you do considerable business - the info they supply vendors is considerably better than PayPal.
    I used Worldpay for a while. It's way more inconvenient to use than Paypal. Transaction cost is very similar, but Worldpay has other fees on top. I think they had an annual fee, or monthly fee? Of was it both? And no seller protection. Since few people used it I gave up on it.

If your card turnover is less than US$5000/month I would stick to Paypal only.

If you have a case number, email or call the officer for an update. Also, consider going to 香港特別行政區政府及有關機構電話 - 免責聲明 and figuring out which team is investigating your case and approaching the case officer's boss or their boss.
    Actually we have had email conversation with police and there’s case number. Items were sent to a home address in Mongkok.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    I used Worldpay for a while. It's way more inconvenient to use than Paypal. Transaction cost is very similar, but Worldpay has other fees on top. I think they had an annual fee, or monthly fee? Of was it both? And no seller protection. Since few people used it I gave up on it.

If your card turnover is less than US$5000/month I would stick to Paypal only.
    I agree, but worth moving to Stripe no matter what the turnover in my opinion. They're cheaper than Paypal.

I'm not sure this is a case for the police to investigate - it looks like a commercial dispute between you and PayPal.

If the cardholder filed a case about the stolen credit card, there might be something.