Like Tree214Likes

FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 / 14 June - 15 July

Closed Thread
Page 63 of 77 FirstFirst ... 55 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 71 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I seem to remember you saying Sweden would win
    Nope, I said Sweden would win if England didn't up their game. They did up it and won.Now if you think beating Sweden is the same as beating Brazil or Argentina...

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Nope, I said Sweden would win if England didn't up their game. They did up it and won.Now if you think beating Sweden is the same as beating Brazil or Argentina...
    Argentina have been average. Colombia are a better side than them currently and they both had similar records during qualification.

That being said we can only beat the teams that are put in front of us. The funny thing is, other than Argentina, all of the so called 'first zone' nations you mention have been knocked out by 'second zone' teams. England are doing what the others have failed to do so perhaps they arent so good after all and we are seeing a power shift in world football.

Croatia very dangerous.
    They could topple the UK government according to UK newspapers

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8437441.html
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Argentina have been average. Colombia are a better side than them currently and they both had similar records during qualification.That being said we can only beat the teams that are put in front of us. The funny thing is, other than Argentina, all of the so called 'first zone' nations you mention have been knocked out by 'second zone' teams. England are doing what the others have failed to do so perhaps they arent so good after all and we are seeing a power shift in world football.
    Okie, sorry tough a nerve. need to remember it's been 28 long years England didn't play the semis and we shouldn't mess with that

In my opinion, the winner of the WC will be the winner of the France-Belgium match. That being said, in a one match win all, one mistake and a penalty or a red card can cost the game so anything is possible regardless of the talent and ability of a given team.

Mat likes this.

Okie, sorry tough a nerve. need to remember it's been 28 long years England didn't play the semis and we shouldn't mess with that
    No nerve touched just stating facts. I still think France will win the tournament.
    Mat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    No nerve touched just stating facts. I still think France will win the tournament.
    Belgium or England my bet

France v Belgium
    Date: 11 July - 02:00am
    Venue: Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg
    Referee: Andrés Cunha, Uruguay
    HK Live: Now World Cup 1 (618) ViuTV (099)

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    They could topple the UK government according to UK newspapers

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8437441.html
    I think she has bigger concerns at the moment
    East_coast likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 63 of 77 FirstFirst ... 55 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 71 ... LastLast