Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    So the 2 meet again... let's see some good footie tonight

3rd Place
    Belgium v England
    Date: 14 July - 10pm
    Venue: Krestovsky Stadium, St Petersburg
    Referee: Alireza Faghani, Iran
    HK Live: Now World Cup 1 (618)
    Looking at the stats England have been pretty dismal so it should be a Belgian win with ease.

Lineups

Belgium 1 up after 4 mins

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Belgium 1 up after 4 mins
    Somehow meaningless game. FIFA should scrap it Anyway congrats Belgium 3rd place & a good tournament for them; also England did pretty well. Best result since 1990 in Italy - staggering 28 years ago. EPL is the best & richest Football League on the planet - The last 8 or even better should be the minimum in the future. They dominated Croatia for quite some time - so a win was definitely possible in the Semifinal - but after the equaliser England had nothing left in the tank. I'm sure they will be bouncing back. Euro 2020 the next goal.

. . . also England did pretty well. Best result since 1990 in Italy - staggering 28 years ago. EPL is the best & richest Football League on the planet - The last 8 or even better should be the minimum in the future. They dominated Croatia for quite some time - so a win was definitely possible in the Semifinal - but after the equaliser England had nothing left in the tank. I'm sure they will be bouncing back. Euro 2020 the next goal.
    England will never have a clearer path to the finals in our lifetime than this W.C. That's gotta' sting.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    England will never have a clearer path to the finals in our lifetime than this W.C. That's gotta' sting.
    Yes the door for the final was pretty wide open ..

FIFA World Cup Final 2018

France v Croatia
    Date: 15 July - 11pm
    Venue: Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow
    Referee: Néstor Pitana, Argentina
    HK Live: Now World Cup 1, ViuTV

Somehow meaningless game. FIFA should scrap it Anyway congrats Belgium 3rd place & a good tournament for them; also England did pretty well. Best result since 1990 in Italy - staggering 28 years ago. EPL is the best & richest Football League on the planet - The last 8 or even better should be the minimum in the future. They dominated Croatia for quite some time - so a win was definitely possible in the Semifinal - but after the equaliser England had nothing left in the tank. I'm sure they will be bouncing back. Euro 2020 the next goal.
    England - one of the best league in the world but sadly for them most of the best players in that league are French Italian Spanish Belgians Argentinians Brazilians etc not english.

they need to do more to groom Home made talent.
    AJZ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    England - one of the best league in the world but sadly for them most of the best players in that league are French Italian Spanish Belgians Argentinians Brazilians etc not english.

they need to do more to groom Home made talent.
    There's something fishy about England and their home grown talent. Some are put on a pedestal and over-hyped (i.e. Harry Kane). Some are absolutely crucified by the press (i.e. Raheem Sterling). It's not a healthy place to be a national player.
    Mat likes this.

England did pretty well. Best result since 1990 in Italy - staggering 28 years ago.
    England
    Played 6 won 3 lost 3

Were not able to give Harry Kane good quality ball. I know there is a euphoria about getting so far in the tournament but on paper it was meh.

Croatia for tonight. They want it more.

Closed Thread
Page 70 of 77 FirstFirst ... 62 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast