Like Tree10Likes

Advice On Best Schools In New Territories Required....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advice On Best Schools In New Territories Required....

I moved to Hong Kong in March and pretty much established now with all the admin work done, settled in at new job and secured a property rental agreement for the next twelve months. The next stage is for my partner to join me in the New Year.

She is a nurse and by background currently manages public health nursing in the UK. She has10 years’ experience of working with children 0-5 years old and their families as a health visitor. Her degree is in applied social sciences which included child development and psychology. She has enrolled in a140hr TEFL qualification back in UK.

Her next visit Hong Kong is in October when she would like to attend interviews.

She will be based with me on the Gold Coast, can anyone recommend the best schools to target and what her salary expectations will be?
    Last edited by twobecomeone; 11-07-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Well the obvious place to start is Harrow....

What job does she want at the school - teacher? Or nurse?

If she's a health visitor there are a few private midwife clinics that she can contact:

Annerley
    The Family Zone

There is a lot of demand especially for women who use the public system for post-natal home visits. The above are based on HK Island but obviously home visits could take her anywhere.

The next stage is for my partner to join me in the New Year.
    When you say Partner, are you both legally married, if yes then your WIFE can get a dependent visa, once approved she can find jobs without the trouble of having to get sponsorship (work visa).

If no then she would have to find some where that is willing to sponsor her for a work visa.

Just wanted to get a clearer picture.
    jgl likes this.

We will be "living over the brush".....

Quote Originally Posted by twobecomeone:
    We will be "living over the brush".....
    Never heard that phrase. Does it mean not married? Will be easier for her to find a job if she's married.

For example - school nurse job at ESF school here: "Applicants must possess a valid work visa."
    https://recruit.esf.edu.hk/adpost/30...74BD650294.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Never heard that phrase. Does it mean not married? Will be easier for her to find a job if she's married.

For example - school nurse job at ESF school here: "Applicants must possess a valid work visa."
    https://recruit.esf.edu.hk/adpost/30...74BD650294.pdf
    That doesn't make sense unless ESF employs people first and then allocates a school later or something. Nobody gets a work visa before they get a job, that's not how it works!
    East_coast likes this.

That doesn't make sense unless ESF employs people first and then allocates a school later or something. Nobody gets a work visa before they get a job, that's not how it works!
    May be their English is not up to standards. Perhaps they mean that they're looking for candidates who are already employed here in HK. Or have the right to work. Or their employment is conditional on getting a work visa. Who knows.
    jrkob and merchantms like this.

Basically what they are looking for is someone that doesnt need sponsoring with a work visa ie Local / on a dependant visa already etc

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    The school nurses we know are either on dependent visas or permanent residents. Schools won't apply.
    MABinPengChau and merchantms like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast