Like Tree87Likes

Birdie Mobile - Smartone online only

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast

Does anyone need data? I have about 5gbs I can transfer. .

Quote Originally Posted by lingc:
    Does anyone need data? I have about 5gbs I can transfer. .
    Are you looking to park this data until next bill cycle or just want get rid of it ?

I will ask Birdie, but wanted to check, anyone had experiences of Birdie working with dual sim phones?

Basically I use one sim for work and the other sim would be for Birdie.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vyral_143:
    Are you looking to park this data until next bill cycle or just want get rid of it ?
    Oops sorry just saw this msg. Was looking to give it away earlier so it wouldn't go to waste

Original Post Deleted
    Work sim for data. Non work sim is presently with CMHK mysim at hkd50 a month.

My phone only allows one simple for data, the other similar purely for calls and SMS.

Original Post Deleted
    Correct.

Basically, both sims allow for calls and SMS. Data goes through my work SIM (including Whatsapp). I have a oneplus one 3T. Newer phones do allow data via both sims.

Basically Birdie and/or CMHK Mysim were the cheapest I could find for calls only and allow me to keep my number. With Birdie, I was transfer the 500MB each month to the missus (intention is that we both move from CMHK mysim to Birdie).

Original Post Deleted
    I think (and could be wrong), the benefit is for something like VoLTE (which requires data) on both sims, rather than being able to use both sims for data at the same time.

Original Post Deleted
    What's that got to do with the price of bread?

Sorry guys I don't know much about dual sim operations and my birdie sims are all running on separate phones. But @pin, something you said about transferring data to the missus, just fyi you can transfer in 0.5GB increments, but you must have more than 1GB remaining in your account before you can do a transfer, and it doesnt let you transfer everything but forces you to have around 0.5GB-1GB left in your account AFTER the transfer. So if you and missus get 2 x 500MB accounts it wont work. If you get 1 x 5GB and 1 x 500MB then it will work fine.

pin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Sorry guys I don't know much about dual sim operations and my birdie sims are all running on separate phones. But @pin, something you said about transferring data to the missus, just fyi you can transfer in 0.5GB increments, but you must have more than 1GB remaining in your account before you can do a transfer, and it doesnt let you transfer everything but forces you to have around 0.5GB-1GB left in your account AFTER the transfer. So if you and missus get 2 x 500MB accounts it wont work. If you get 1 x 5GB and 1 x 500MB then it will work fine.
    Plan is the missus will have an account with 5GB or more and I will have the lowest account. As my data is via work sim I don't need the data.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast