Like Tree3Likes

Purchasing Airline miles

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Purchasing Airline miles

I am posting my review of a site mileage club which sells miles for a number of airlines. We are flying out with a toddler who is averse to closed spaces on a 13 hour flight and needed more room. The business class prices on full fledged carriers are through the roof. Whilst spending a couple of months on the internet researching purchase of miles came across the site mileage club and after a lot of thought made a test purchase of 50,000 miles. The period between making the payment and waiting for the miles to get credited was a period of anxiousness with me reprimanding myself for being a fool for trying this. The miles got credited to my account in 3 days with the transaction appearing on the miles statement as being from American Express.

Redeemed the miles for a short haul business class ticket it went totally fine. No hassles at all. Since my initial use, i have used them a couple of additional time for my mom flying from HK to Australia and again all went totally fine. Whether against the airline terms or not, saved a lot of expenses for me.

Dare I ask, what was the cost? Around 20-25 cents a mile?

Gotta be careful buying miles online - heard of a few people getting ripped off. Really need to do your due diligence.

Depends on the amount of miles being purchased... its less than 10 cents if the volume is high

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by big_panda:
    Gotta be careful buying miles online - heard of a few people getting ripped off. Really need to do your due diligence.
    I have had my apprehensions, but whilst it works, it's saved me over 50% on business class fares. The way the miles hit your account it appears to be a credit card miles transfer. I have tried a combination of Asia and Middle East airlines and so far so good.

Name:  3102B13C-2AA5-49F5-BACE-587EC3198E1D.jpeg
Views: 217
Size:  3.78 MB

For those who have Pm’ed me, attached is their rate chart today on the prices for AM this morning

So about HKD 0.15 a mile then for 50-100K if I am not mistaken?

can u PM me the website

Quote Originally Posted by Tcresident011:
    I have had my apprehensions, but whilst it works, it's saved me over 50% on business class fares. The way the miles hit your account it appears to be a credit card miles transfer. I have tried a combination of Asia and Middle East airlines and so far so good.
    give us an idea what you actually paid for the points and the going rate for the ticket

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    give us an idea what you actually paid for the points and the going rate for the ticket
    4 return business ticketsto middle east on a One World Alliance Airline was HKD 147,000 . With the miles i had to redeem 93000 miles person. I paid about HKD 60,000 for the miles 430,000 miles + taxes of about 4-5 thousand HKD.
    Last edited by Tcresident011; 14-09-2018 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Image uploaded
    shri likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast