Like Tree1Likes

Hiring sales staff based in Vietnam & Kenya

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Hiring sales staff based in Vietnam & Kenya

I understand that this is not exactly related to HK business but can certainly use some help if anyone can do so...I am a HK business trying to hire sales people to be based in Vietnam and Kenya. I have no contacts in these countries and can use some advise on how to find people there. Many thanks.

Perhaps start with the nearest thing that they have to a consulate / trade development or chambers of commerce in Hong Kong? TDC should also have some contacts for you to start with?

Consulate of the Republic of Kenya in the Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR of the People

https://vnconsulate-hongkong.mofa.go...s/default.aspx

NAIROBI | Hong Kong Means Business

HO CHI MINH CITY | Hong Kong Means Business

Thank you Shri. This is helpful.

Oliver

Vietnam - people typically use Facebook groups to find staff. I've also been able to do so although aligning your interests with your staff is another issue.

when we hire people in Vietnam (engineers in our case), we usually go for forums, and post offers, then attend a few fairs. That had worked in the past.

You can also try to use a recruitment firm on the ground, but that will cost you.

Good luck.

Thank you everyone. All helpful replies which I am acting on.

I would have called Manpower in Vietnam, it will cost, but they can handle all the legal issues, tax, insurance, sick pay, etc.

Which forums would you recommend?

What is your target market? Are you trying to hire folks in VN to sell to VN? Or have them do outbound global sales?

We are an IT company(Wistron ITS) supplying workers for linguistic parts of software development and quality assurance.

There are a few offices, but the particular office that needs more Vietnamese is located in Hong Kong. The software will be used only by Vietnamese speakers, but our Vietnamese speaking/writing employees need to have some sort of permit that allows them to work in Hong Kong.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast