Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By imparanoic
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 3 Post By Oxygen
  • 1 Post By Oxygen

Getting rid of furniture

Closed Thread

Getting rid of furniture

I'm not sure if this is the right spot but I had to move unexpectedly and needed to get rid ofsime of my furniture. These guys buy 2nd stuff do it was useful as they collected and paid for it. Maybe useful for someone. http://www.54423000.com

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygen:
    I'm not sure if this is the right spot but I had to move unexpectedly and needed to get rid ofsime of my furniture. These guys buy 2nd stuff do it was useful as they collected and paid for it. Maybe useful for someone. http://www.54423000.com

nice name in Chinese, rather funny, åŸ·åˆ°å¯¶äºŒæ‰‹å‚¢ä¿¬åº / jap do bao yi sau ga si dim/ translated as "pick up/found treasure/strike it rich" used furniture, quite similar to an English saying " one's man junk is another man's treasure"
    misshappy26 likes this.

did they pay you peanuts or reasonable prices.

Not too bad but they, I assume will want to make money in top. My stuff was in good condition so that helped. I had tried charity shops but the problem, as ever, was getting the stuff to the shop. I suppose worse case senario is you get rid if it if needed

wtbhotia likes this.

I am in similar situation and so nice of imparanoic to have posted in 2011 the vendor name for a try. My furniture items are Italian and some Chinoiserie style, nice pieces from a midlievel home. My lost will be someone's gain. Tnk you to imparanoic again. I am aware that rental hike since 2011 will have pushed may preowned furniture vendors off the market.

Red face None interested...

Hi! I am new in Geoexpat I posted something to sell, some days ago. So far no reaction...zero...Is it normal? I would like to sell some forniture or even donate it, important is that someone comes and pick it up.Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgia M:
    Hi! I am new in Geoexpat I posted something to sell, some days ago. So far no reaction...zero...Is it normal? I would like to sell some forniture or even donate it, important is that someone comes and pick it up.Thanks
    Depends on what you're selling. IKEA type generic furniture is HORRIBLE to sell.

If you do want to give it away, put it in the "Free Stuff" section. You'll be surprised how quickly it can go.

https://geoexpat.com/classifieds/free-stuff
    imparanoic likes this.

Smile

Thank you, Shri!
    I will try