Like Tree19Likes

Lost credit card got swiped 24k

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Lost credit card got swiped 24k

My husband left his wallet outside in the stairs of our apartment when he was drunk it was around 8am which had his id,credit card and other 6 work license cards he came home and slept and forgot until he got a message from the bank at arnd 5 pm saying there has been a suspicious use of credit card and they will suspend the card we checked all over but we cannot find anything we called the bank and found out that somebody swiped total of around 24k. We report to CID and they said that they need the formal letter with the stamp from the bank so we asked the bank to give us but they refuse saying that they need to investigate first it will take around 4-6weeks. The intresting part is that we found a cut piece of our credit card at one level below our flat at fire exit door there was some luggage a beds and seemed like homeless is residing there we waited for him and gave him pressure to tell us where are the cards nomatter he used atleast if we found rest of the cards that can save our time and all those process of re applying those cards. But he didn't have it and he ran away now since we know the person too but CID can’t help unless we have that paper from bank they said and bank says it takes time sadly after 5weeks we have to fly out for our sister wedding what shall we do i am aftaid that he might run away with that money cause he isn't a hk permanent resident and he has swiped 14k from a jewellery shop. I am afraid we wont be here when bank will be done with its investigation. Suggest please i can't think anything

Wait for 4-6 weeks for the bank to investigate. You should get the money back then.

Rosylipz and East_coast like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosylipz:
    My husband left his wallet outside in the stairs of our apartment when he was drunk it was around 8am
    Tell your husband not to add so much vodka to his cornflakes to avoid future incidents.
    Rosylipz and Kowloon Goon like this.

Just dispute the transactions with your credit card company. It's pointless to think you should go after the person, especially if you think it's a homeless person. What are you going to get out of it? Move on....

Rosylipz likes this.

I calculated the amount its not 24k its 27k so its getting more serious. Yes, may be we should jus move on with bank and learn our lesson. Any idea how can we refund the loss? Because i don't wanna pay that huge amount for those frauds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosylipz:
    My husband left his wallet outside in the stairs of our apartment when he was drunk it was around 8am which had his id,credit card and other 6 work license cards he came home and slept and forgot until he got a message from the bank at arnd 5 pm saying there has been a suspicious use of credit card and they will suspend the card we checked all over but we cannot find anything we called the bank and found out that somebody swiped total of around 24k. We report to CID and they said that they need the formal letter with the stamp from the bank so we asked the bank to give us but they refuse saying that they need to investigate first it will take around 4-6weeks. The intresting part is that we found a cut piece of our credit card at one level below our flat at fire exit door there was some luggage a beds and seemed like homeless is residing there we waited for him and gave him pressure to tell us where are the cards nomatter he used atleast if we found rest of the cards that can save our time and all those process of re applying those cards. But he didn't have it and he ran away now since we know the person too but CID can’t help unless we have that paper from bank they said and bank says it takes time sadly after 5weeks we have to fly out for our sister wedding what shall we do i am aftaid that he might run away with that money cause he isn't a hk permanent resident and he has swiped 14k from a jewellery shop. I am afraid we wont be here when bank will be done with its investigation. Suggest please i can't think anything
    Get a divorce!

Just dispute the charge and dont pay the cc bill

Rosylipz likes this.

How is this your problem? Your husband needs to sort it with his CC company and the police. Doesn't matter if the guy "has the money" - your husband should cancel the card and the bank will sort the rest.

You're inserting more drama into this situation than you need to.

Rosylipz likes this.

Maybe your hubby spent the 27k when he was drunk and either forgot or doesn't want to tell you.

Kowloon Goon and Rosylipz like this.

You know the homeless guy is not a PR and will run away with 14k? You must have posted your message under great duress. I wish you the best of luck.

Rosylipz likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast