Like Tree16Likes

Buying from Yahoo Japan auctions

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

It's a old Canon FD lens. I saw it in HK for about $900 on DC, on Yahoo JP it sells for Yen 3000-5000. Sounds quite attractive.

let's example i want to but ldac high resolution receiver with amp audio technica at-pha55bt, but not avalible outside sg, hk or jp

it cost in HK at HK$1100, officially out in HK only a month ago, presumably one or two used one at HK$800, barely a month old, great condition

but if i see one of japan auction, via buyee

Item Price 7000yen
    Buyee Service Fee500yen
    Auction Service Fee200yen
    International Shipping fee740yen
    Admin fee 500yen

total fees : JPY8940= HK$628

still cheaper than HK, but depends what product, chances if released in HK, cheaper here than yahoo auction if popular, but if it's rarer item, better get in Japan auction via buyee

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    It's a old Canon FD lens. I saw it in HK for about $900 on DC, on Yahoo JP it sells for Yen 3000-5000. Sounds quite attractive.
    have you checked on HK carosel ?

https://hk.carousell.com/p/canon-fd-...wbG881C0m77hzB

it's possible that dc price for used items is expensive compare to carosel

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    it's possible that dc price for used items is expensive compare to carosel
    It's the FD 50mm Macro 1:3.5 - there is nothing on Carousel, and a few on DCFever. Nothing really urgent, that lens is quite common in the markets.
    imparanoic likes this.

BTW, I used shoppingmalljapan before, about 5 years ago. Seems they lost my account. I feel more confident with Buyee. Fees are not a major issue.

imparanoic likes this.

BTW, I used shoppingmalljapan before, about 5 years ago. Seems they lost my account. I feel more confident with Buyee. Fees are not a major issue.
    Search Results for "FD 50mm 1:3.5" /【Buyee】 "Buyee" Japan Shopping Service | Buy from Yahoo! Buy from Japan!

ain't expensive, remember to read the small print, ie, if broken or condition, etc

It's the FD 50mm Macro 1:3.5 - there is nothing on Carousel, and a few on DCFever. Nothing really urgent, that lens is quite common in the markets.
    These are about HK$600-650 here in HK. I have one with the x2 extender as well.

I just had a look on eBay, you can get one with shipping from Japan for about HK$450 in good condition (light dust inside the optics). I bought a Contax 80-200mm f4 on Saturday and its already arrived.

Had a look at Sim City today. 2nd hand lens prices are quite reasonable. Not too much different from DCFever etc.

Back to topic... I did check some lens and camera hardware in Japan and it seems not really cheaper compare to HK. And then you get transaction and shipping etc on top.

So I wonder, what lenses are really cheap in Japan?

My macro need is satisfied for the time being. Got the original Sony 35mm macro. Nice, but for APS-C and my cam knows it and crops the image. So I got another dumb lens, the Laowa 60mm (2nd hand just $1200). Not made for full frame, but comes close.

If you want to go for ultrawide, look at Laowa they have quite a good and are value for money.

https://fstoppers.com/originals/fsto...ifilm-x-236999