Like Tree32Likes

struggling with ShipBao

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Because it's very cheap and efficient. I've done two orders so far. Both arrived. Both were a little challenging. But slowly (and with the help on here) you get to know the routine it's OK.

The previous service I used (borderlynx) was about 10x the price. But the website was in English.
    Yep, I've used it many times now, and even the 1st time, I had one question about which button to press and it was quickly answered on here. Absolutely no reason to exclude a website in a foreign language these days, thanks to google translate and forums / youtube. It's like saying you shouldn't holiday in a country whose language you don't speak, why would you limit yourself when it is almost effortless to do so these days.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

This is Shipbao's list of restricted goods:

https://www.shipbao.com/information/embargo

Last edited by hkcom; 28-11-2018 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Jones:
    Yes! www.*****************/en/

The website is called Buy and Ship Today, they have worked well for me so far!
    Call me cynical, but did geoexoat ask Buy And Ship for protection money and they refused?? This is the second time today that I've seen that URL asterisked out on this site. Can we trust this site's content to be unmoderated? Has anyone else seen links that are consistently censored?

I ordered something that was delivered to their Oregon warehouse, which has been delivered according to UPS, but the parcel is not showing up as delivered in the Parcel Forecast. Does it take a few days for stuff to show up on their system or should I be chasing it from my end?

Name:  zNotarrived.jpeg
Views: 558
Size:  13.4 KB

Once it shows up on their system, what is the next step to get it delivered to my door in HK?

Assuming that you input the right tracking number, it takes about 24-48 hours for them to scan inbound deliveries and mark them as received.

Next step is deliver to me, I'll see if I can grab a screenshot or two for you.

emx likes this.

@emx did you sort this out or do you need more directions?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    @emx did you sort this out or do you need more directions?
    I got a message late yesterday that my parcel had "arrived" at the main warehouse in Hong Kong. But it doesn't reflect that on their app or web interface as yet.

So I guess it is still a waiting game before it can be collected?

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    I got a message late yesterday that my parcel had "arrived" at the main warehouse in Hong Kong. But it doesn't reflect that on their app or web interface as yet.

So I guess it is still a waiting game before it can be collected?
    As soon as it arrives in the US warehouse I set the package up for delivery to a location near work or in Wanchai. It arrives in HK and a day or so later shows up at that store. I get a SMS with a code that I show at the store and pay cash for the delivery
    emx and kimwy66 like this.

You guys must be way better at reading Google Translated Chinese websites than me- I tried Shipbao once or twice and found it a frustratingly baffling experience. And having to Google Translate customer support messages made it even worse.

There seem to be plenty of other options in the same price range, with English site options. And without the mystery lag times that emx seems to be experiencing (my shipments are logged within a day of arrival to the overseas address).

What are shipbao prices like these days?

Edit: Just checked, with Google Translate, which hammered home why I don't use that site. They have pricing in a moving scrolling screen in a jpeg so it doesn't translate, then you have to click into an non-intuitively translated submenu for pricing, then you get pricing but there's no obvious indication if there are more convenient options than a warehouse pickup. Looks like it's $20 per pound for US shipments?

I'm paying $22 per pound for warehouse pickups, and 24 for courier to an office. With additional options for residential courier, SF warehouses, and 7-11.

Last edited by jgl; 18-09-2019 at 09:38 AM.

@jgl - I usually pay HK$ 20 for a 1Kg package delivered from their US warehouse to a store in Aberdeen, Ap Lei Chau or Wanchai.

My package was ordered on Sat, delivered to them on Monday, got the notification on Tuesday and hope to have it delivered by early next week.

jgl likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast