Like Tree46Likes

Airline employee "mocks" girls name...

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

and Syphilis was a rash choice...

jgl, tf19, drumbrake and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    A chuckle or a continuous laugh followed by posting on social media. It doesn't matter what the parent named their child. That is not our business but many of you think you are better than another human to pass judgement on the Mom - it's the wrong mindset to have. Regardless, everyone should be treated with respect and the same.
    Everyone should be treated with respect, until the moment they do something mind-blowingly stupid like willfully cripple their child's future by guaranteeing that she will be ridiculed for her entire childhood.

Original Post Deleted
    Totally agree, with two exceptions. One is that it is the parents who should be mocked not the poor kid and secondly only when the name is stupid in their own culture (there is a male TV presenter here called "Spanky" which no one apart from me seems to find at all amusing). ABCDE is stupid in any culture I would think.

Zombie used to work in Delifrance in Tsim Sha Tsui. I must say that the name suited him.
    Well, a lot of people working in the F&B industry in Hong Kong are called Zombie, whether or not they're named Zombie...

Quote Originally Posted by MrRotavator:
    and Syphilis was a rash choice...
    Seriously?

There's Eminem Ma who's a bank teller at HSBC. That's a pretty amazing name.

Quote Originally Posted by tf19:
    There's Eminem Ma who's a bank teller at HSBC. That's a pretty amazing name.
    Please tell us that you call him/her "Slim"

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Well, a lot of people working in the F&B industry in Hong Kong are called Zombie, whether or not they're named Zombie...

Seriously?
    seriously

Zombie used to work in Delifrance in Tsim Sha Tsui. I must say that the name suited him.
    seriously
    Sometimes when they come up with some names like that -- and that is by all means the worst I've ever heard of -- you wonder if you should take them aside and have a word with them.

Sometimes the names come from the similar sounds to their Chinese name. Or maybe it sounds like their Chinese nickname.... but syphilis -- nope.

I used to have Hitler Wong's name card.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Please tell us that you call him/her "Slim"
    slim shady?
    jgl likes this.