Like Tree44Likes

Roaches infestation in new home- what to do?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    Looks like it might be a bad year for roaches, seem to be more than the usual hanging around outside and have noticed a couple of small ones lurking in the kitchen (I think they came up the sink drain so have put the stopper in now overnight.

Read about Advion and it does seem to be a great product. Am going to try it out.

https://trusu.com/products/advion-co...4-count-80751/

Just ordered some locally. HK$200 plus delivery HK$55 or free pickup.
    Bumping old post, how was your experience with Trusu? I am looking to order it from Amazon like last time I did, but not available on Amazon at the moment, hence thinking if can use Trusu
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Apparently they've received a lot of complaints of counterfeit Advion tubes being sold on their platform. Two orders of mine that were delivered a year ago were refunded without even me asking. Walmart has them. Get it shipped from a mail aggregator like Shipbao.

vyral_143 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vyral_143:
    Bumping old post, how was your experience with Trusu? I am looking to order it from Amazon like last time I did, but not available on Amazon at the moment, hence thinking if can use Trusu
    I had to chase them two weeks after ordering when nothing arrived, but was in my postbox very shortly after I chased.
    vyral_143 likes this.

Looks Trusu is no go. OTOH, Shipbao website is in Chinese; gotta look it from PC when I’m home.

Any other way to get it in Hong Kong ? I called JoyTime who have photo of Advion on their website just to get a no without listening fully

I am not even sure if they're in business anymore. I did see their domain for sale on Flippa a few months ago.
    vyral_143 likes this.

May be they did not sell, may be someone local bought them, but just verified this cached result.

Name:  Screenshot 2018-12-12 at 3.55.24 PM.png
Views: 1394
Size:  64.5 KB

you can buy a bottle of Malathion and a hand sprayer form any large hardware store
    The normal method os to mix as per the label and then spray aropund all edges of the room and skirtings and window sills as well as all entrance doors. Do your neighbours have the same problem?
    Insects have their nervous system in their bellies
    The Malathion once sprayed gives of an acetylcholine gas about 1cm off the sprayed area that attacks the nervous systems of the insects It can get into the cracks and release the vapour.
    The Malathion vapour as well as killing insects that cross the sprayed area also repels them.
    The insects walk around the edges of the room using the feelers on their heads in the dark If you see a roach in the middle of a room it is probably dying
    Malathion will kill blattella germanica and the large periplaneta americana
    If you still see roaches after this application then the whole area should be cleaned and vacuumed then sprayed. Close all windows and spray under closed doors then leave ther apartment for 3-4 hours.
    In your case you need to also put mesh plugs to fit over all drain outlets and sinks. Pour (a lot) of bleach into the drains and sinks. This creates a chlorine gas that will kill insects and repel them also.

vyral_143 likes this.

Curious, what ended up happening with your situation in the end?

Looks Trusu is no go. OTOH, Shipbao website is in Chinese; gotta look it from PC when I�m home.

Any other way to get it in Hong Kong ? I called JoyTime who have photo of Advion on their website just to get a no without listening fully

Hi Vyral, where did you eventually pick it up from? Seems Ubuy is the only other source now (and it has to come from their US office), as even Fishpond HK no longer sells it.

Thanks in advance for replying.

Quote Originally Posted by ppsam:
    Hi Vyral, where did you eventually pick it up from? Seems Ubuy is the only other source now (and it has to come from their US office), as even Fishpond HK no longer sells it.

Thanks in advance for replying.
    I got it from Amazon US via someone coming over here.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast