Like Tree29Likes

How to have glowy skin (look young)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post How to have glowy skin (look young)

I am curious on how Chinese look so young and elegant, especially having smooth and glowing skin.

Are there any facials/ products which someone could recommend it to me as my focus is to have clear and glowing skin.

Does having a healthy diet play a big role too?

Not living in HK is a good start...the pollution here is terribly harsh and drying on the skin and hair

ExpatYmmyMummy likes this.

If you want something other people have then do the same as they do. Hopefully you will get the same results.

As for food Chinese (in general) do:
    Drink warm water
    Drink Chinese tea
    Eat rice

They avoid (in general):
    Dairy products
    Raw food

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    If you want something other people have then do the same as they do. Hopefully you will get the same results.

As for food Chinese (in general) do:
    Drink warm water
    Drink Chinese tea
    Eat rice

They avoid (in general):
    Dairy products
    Raw food
    warm water - zero effect whatsoever
    chinese tea - snake oil
    eat rice - far from being a healthy food

the only reason they look young is they dont live, they stay away from the sun, look miserable all day and avoid doing anything to alleviate their mood. Looking at the old people here I know what kind of life style i'll rather have.
    juanalias likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    warm water - zero effect whatsoever
    chinese tea - snake oil
    eat rice - far from being a healthy food

the only reason they look young is they dont live, they stay away from the sun, look miserable all day and avoid doing anything to alleviate their mood. Looking at the old people here I know what kind of life style i'll rather have.
    Rather than turn this into the predictable bashing thread, wouldn't it be slightly more obvious just to say "genetics"?
    shri, MABinPengChau, tm-au and 5 others like this.

Anecdotally, Chinese skin is different from other races. It scars differently (more prone to keloid scars) and has a different ageing process. Lifestyle certainly contributes- not sunbathing is key. I often am surprised by how young Caucasian Australian's are due to their early life sun exposure (Australia is much more sun aware now obviously).

It seems Asian and African people age more slowly than Europeans- possibly a result European's of lack of melanin.

There's poor research links available but I imagine the cosmetic companies research this area privately!

Oh there's plenty of research that also gets published, here's an article about aging vs. ethnic variation of skin...some research about differences among skin types is for dermatological conditions (which can appear differently on different skin types)...

Seems the short answer from the below article is that darker skin colors also have, on average, thicker skin (some with more facial fat tissue). Thicker skin, fewer visible wrinkles...also less sun damage with more melanin.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4756870/
    Abstract

Aging is an inevitable and complex process that can be described clinically as features of wrinkles, sunspots, uneven skin color, and sagging skin. These cutaneous effects are influenced by both intrinsic and extrinsic factors and often are varied based on ethnic origin given underlying structural and functional differences. The authors sought to provide updated information on facets of aging and how it relates to ethnic variation given innate differences in skin structure and function. Publications describing structural and functional principles of ethnic and aging skin were primarily found through a PubMed literature search and supplemented with a review of textbook chapters. The most common signs of skin aging despite skin type are dark spots, loss of elasticity, loss of volume, and rhytides. Skin of color has many characteristics that make its aging process unique. Those of Asian, Hispanic, and African American descent have distinct facial structures. Differences in the concentration of epidermal melanin makes darkly pigmented persons more vulnerable to dyspigmentation, while a thicker and more compact dermis makes facial lines less noticeable. Ethnic skin comprises a large portion of the world population. Therefore, it is important to understand the unique structural and functional differences among ethnicities to adequately treat the signs of aging.

Last edited by MABinPengChau; 23-12-2018 at 06:29 PM.

Original Post Deleted
    the irony provided was clearly unintended, but still amusing.

Glow is mostly age followed by genetics.

If you don't have flow and are less than 23, you will never have glow.

If you have good genetics -> excellent skin complexion and little imperfections, you will have glow for many many years. Some girls have glow well into their late 30's, but these are the exceptions.

Genetics aside, eating well, limiting alcohol and not being a thorn in others lives goes along way to looking the best you possibly can.

Don't beat yourself up though. Only a small percentage of people are good looking with excellent skin and bodies.

orel100x likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    It's largely down to genetics, not how frowny people are. Look at Asians who have grown up in Western cultures. I write this as someone who would get regularly asked for ID into my 30s. This is a thing that happens amusingly often with Asians.

Sometimes the reflexively bigoted answer isn't the correct one.
    Last edited by jgl; 24-12-2018 at 11:20 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast