Like Tree3Likes

How like will I get my employment visa transferred?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How like will I get my employment visa transferred?

Hi all,

Been browsing threads here for 2 years and found this place extremely helpful. This is the first time I post here for your help.

Here's my situation:
    1) worked at a large investment bank for 3 years and my previous employment visa is valid until Jan 2021
    2) offered a job by a large public Chinese company to be based in HK and resigned recently. Monthly salary is ~HK$100k
    3) I signed the contract with their Hong Kong subsidiary (set up 7 years ago with real business+overseas investments) and will be based in Hong Kong. However their HK subsidiary only has 1 local employee for now (managerial role) and does not have an office (plan to rent one in 2019). All back office support is from China.

I wanted to check how likely the immigration department will approve my transfer of sponsor? The Chinese company can provide all documents needed. Any advice hugely appreciated. Thanks.

there is "no transfer" the new company needs to apply for new visa, under their company. and provide all the paperwork Immigration requires. It is a subsidiary, with no experience, sponsoring, therefore, I doubt they can satisfy immigration. get the listed company to apply, they will have HR dept to handle it.

Depends how the application is put together.

Thanks for the insight. It's been handled by the listed company however the listed company is in China, so is their HR dept. The HK subsidiary is a legit entity doing proper business with all documents (audit reports etc.) in order.

Hi,

I have done such application through our small entity in Hongkong. It's important to maybe use a consultant to handle your pplication . Your Mainland HR most likely doesn't have a clue how to handle and could screw up. If your file is built in thr right way to satisfy the immigration, there should be no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by pupialex:
    The HK subsidiary is a legit entity doing proper business with all documents (audit reports etc.) in order.
    Surely they can rent you a temp. office wherever the HK company has its registered address in HK, then get a proper office sorted asap.
    JAherbert likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    Surely they can rent you a temp. office wherever the HK company has its registered address in HK, then get a proper office sorted asap.
    to me its red flag - glorious listed large company but no office
    emx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    to me its red flag - glorious listed large company but no office
    Hi JAherbert, sorry for not making myself clear earlier. The company is listed in China. Just does not have an office yet in Hong Kong. They have a senior HK employee right now but due to the nature of the business, the office is not necessary so he currently works from home. However, they do have plan to open a proper HK office.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    They probably want me to work from home first due to the office is not a must for my post (a lot of meetings and traveling etc.). That said, they do have a proper registered office address with the help of company sec.

Getting a registered office is easy and takes minutes to call an agency in HK and have a shared office space for not much money at all. If the company is tax paying with previous tax bills/audits, it should be relatively easy to get the visa. However if they fill out the paperwork wrong, you'll put your name on a red flag list that requires special attention.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast