Like Tree40Likes

Article - "Why more and more Western men are fascinated by Asian women"

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    I recognise all the words but have no idea what this means......

Perhaps because I have not had coffee this morning, brain is moving slow.
    jgl and monomono like this.

Quote Originally Posted by methosb:
    I always laugh at these ridiculous stereotypes of "Asian" women (wtf is an Asian woman anyway?) as some meek, polite, submissive. Someone should tell my Chinese wife that, maybe she will consider that next time she wants to give me an ear full.
    Yeah I don't know any Chinese women married to white men who I would describe as "submissive." And most of them don't know how to cook, clean, or do anything domestic as they were raised by tiger moms to be academically successful not homemakers.

Writer says women aged 50 ‘too old’ to love, prefers them young and Asian

https://sc.mp/7bggp

That wasn't an article. That was some clickbait to click on a link, OR that domain hired someone to create advert links to create traffic and by hopefully making popular links, increase it's ranking on google. (So when you type "asian wife" or "asian bride", they show up).

It's just internet noise, although slightly entertaining.

jgl and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by methosb:
    I always laugh at these ridiculous stereotypes of "Asian" women (wtf is an Asian woman anyway?) as some meek, polite, submissive. Someone should tell my Chinese wife that, maybe she will consider that next time she wants to give me an ear full.
    I find it interesting that this stereotype is so deep-rooted and widely believed in the west, it has been around for decades and still alive and well today. Can anyone think of the reason?

Quote Originally Posted by kungpaochicken:
    I find it interesting that this stereotype is so deep-rooted and widely believed in the west, it has been around for decades and still alive and well today. Can anyone think of the reason?
    Thailand.
    Stu79 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Yeah I don't know any Chinese women married to white men who I would describe as "submissive." And most of them don't know how to cook, clean, or do anything domestic as they were raised by tiger moms to be academically successful not homemakers.
    And the stereotypes keep on coming!

I asked my Japanese colleagues about the stereotypical Japanese wife depicted in films, i.e., the type that welcomes the husband at the door with slippers and the erotic types that hold on to lover’s severed organ (reference to a cult classic). The replies were something like why do you think we stay out and drink all night?

jgl and DrWho like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    And the stereotypes keep on coming!
    Only speaking about my friends, not all Chinese women! I'm a woman myself and my comment wasn't a dig, just an observation. I'm not much of a homemaker either

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Thailand.
    Do you mean the sexpat thing? So people get the stereotypes about 'Asian' women from sex workers?