Like Tree10Likes

Air conditioner repair

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    for split type units, the biggest problems are either the capacitor (as OP photo) needed to start the compressor motor or the compressor motor itself. Most AC guys will try replacing the capacitor first because it is the cheapest option. I had the same problem they replaced the capacitor, it worked for a week or so then failed again, and had to call them back to replace the compressor.
    @bdw for diagnosis, parts and labour 1500 is not rip off price

I know companies that will immediately say it's faulty compressor, replacing capacitor and compressor (although no fault with the compressor) so they make more profit.
    Thanks. I did make sure to get a 3 month warranty with it and fuly aware these guys take short cuts and might just fix for a week or two and then it buggers up again.

I assume even window units have these capacitors?

You have more confidence in my abilities than the Mrs does.

Did he use any high power jet to sort of short into the aircons?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I assume even window units have these capacitors?
    most 240v (single phase) electric motors have a capacitor to start the motor.

Hi, do you have the contact details for the company you used? We have about 4 units that need repair Tx

Hello somebody know place to repair my humidifier, I thinks is broken humidity sensor for give me E1
    thanks someplace near central and cheaper???