Like Tree221Likes

Current work visa processing time

Closed Thread
Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ... 35 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 51 ... LastLast
    HongkongTheGreat
    Quote Originally Posted by Msslone:
    The worst thing is, HR don't give me a shit.
    They didn't update with me since 5th Dec 2018. I worried, call international phone to ImmigrationD, is it my duty? If I don't receive any respond from HR before this month, I will quit.
    I'm sorry about that. I called the immigration last Friday they said it takes quite some time because it is the final, last one. then I ask when is that quite some time, they said maybe next week. Then this afternoon I emailed our HR and they said they called the immigration department yesterday and still on process and they've said that they give the same answer to both of us (HR team and me). Fortunately, our HR team is doing their job. So

For reference, my visa transfer application was approved last January 16. Application was December 17.

HongkongTheGreat
    Quote Originally Posted by kamoteboy911:
    For reference, my visa transfer application was approved last January 16. Application was December 17.
    So fast. Well congratulations. I hope mine will be approve also.
    kamoteboy911 likes this.

Training and GEP are going through very nicely at the moment - max 3 weeks on average for mine.

Those with circumstances outside the general rules for GEP are taking longer, which is the norm.

HongkongTheGreat likes this.

Mid size MNC

Letter of receipt - Dec 28
    Visa approved - Jan 17

I affixed my single journey visa and completed the re-entry. Do I need to go to immigration and get a permanent visa affixed, or does the canceled single journey and the entry slip act as my visa?

Quote Originally Posted by NetDoc:
    Mid size MNC

Letter of receipt - Dec 28
    Visa approved - Jan 17

I affixed my single journey visa and completed the re-entry. Do I need to go to immigration and get a permanent visa affixed, or does the canceled single journey and the entry slip act as my visa?
    No need to get anything added to your passport.

The single journey visa is VERY confusing, but at the end of day, it is all you need.

Next step - go get a ID card sorted. You'll be given a temp paper ID and your new smart ID which allows you to enter/exit through the eChannel will be ready in a couple of weeks (?).
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure.

Already applied for the HKID. 3 weeks! Guessing because of Chinese New Year.

HongkongTheGreat

And updates?

Last edited by HongkongTheGreat; 27-01-2019 at 03:51 PM.

HongkongTheGreat

Just an update.. Hi everyone, my HR emailed me last Monday and they've told me that they contacted the responsible officer and my application has processed to the final stage. I hope I would be able to get good news soon / approval result. Finger crossed. Thanks and have a good day everyone.

Mrs. Jones and slarette092 like this.

Hi everyone, I'm hoping I can get some help here as I am feeling very lost.

I am being seconded to my firm's HK office from our NZ office for a year. I applied for a HK work visa (GEP) on Jan 9th by submitting my application to my local Chinese visa office (Auckland, NZ). At the time, the office didn't give me any reference numbers and just got me to pay a filing fee. I waited for 3 weeks but did not receive any application reference number or acknowledgement from the HK immigration department (HK ImmD) that my application had been received. Since then I have:

1. called the general enquiry hotline at HK ImmD - told to wait and to email the [email protected] email;
    2. emailed the enquiry@immd email on 30 Jan (received response that it had been forwarded to the relevant department, but nothing after that);
    3. emailed the [email protected] email on 1 Feb (address given by colleague who had his HK work visa approved within a month and a half in late 2018; no response);
    4. called the NZ visa office - told to wait as they had no info;
    5. visited the NZ visa office in person on 12 Feb - they told me that my application was emailed by them to the same enquiry@immd email address! (If I had known this I would have couriered my application directly to the HK ImmD; but the visa office told me I shouldn't apply again.) They also said they have no more information and that I should follow up with the enquiry@immd email. I did so on the same day, no response except that it has been forwarded.

I've also made sure that no physical letters have been sent to our HK office or that my employer has received any emails from the HK ImmD (even got them to check their junk inbox). I'm at a complete loss of what to do as it has now been over 5 weeks since I submitted my application but I have yet to receive any acknowledgement or application reference number. Has anyone had a similar experience? Is there another place I can call/email/visit to find out my application status? How long does it take to get a response from the enquiry@immd email?

Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help!

Closed Thread
Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ... 35 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 51 ... LastLast