Like Tree29Likes

Converting MiniDisc into Cd/MP3? Where to do this in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    But it couldn't compete against unlimited streamable music from Google Music or...
    I would say that MD was killed by the then fast getting popular MP3 format. Remember Napster? That where the times. MD is nice, but MP3 was way more convenient.

And even though it was nice, many things around it where a pain in the mars, like that awful Sony software you had to use.
    imparanoic likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    5) Sandwich Enthusiasts
    6) Expats too cheap to pay for a decent haircut
    7) Sports Fanatics
    8) Those wronged by HK banks
    9) Expats who have left HK and have nothing better than to still post on GXP
    shri, imparanoic, Rob2020 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    nowadays, Sony don't really implement DRM on their high resolution digital music and little restriction on their purchased games (2 home consoles and 2 portable console download for each purchase) or playstation plus, so consumers better off, their Media Go even converts Cds to lossless flac files with no DRM and that's really great, no worries about sharing with friends and bluetoothing them the files,
    Closing the barn door after the horse has already run off.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Closing the barn door after the horse has already run off.
    well, note exactly, Sony audiophile range is actually successful niche market, they directly compete with (also decent) rival Astell & Kern who are iriver (remember them), the portable high fidelity market has emerged for music lovers who appreciate high quality music reproduction as oppose to convenient yet compromised in quality music from mobile phones.

while these high resolution digital audio players ain't cheap (flagships cost around US$3000) and in ear monitors can also cost US$2000, mid rangers will cost around US$700, they also last a lot longer than mobiles phones in terms of product longevity , ie, up to 8 or 9 years which is significantly longer than average mobile phone at 2.5 years

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    5) Sandwich Enthusiasts
    6) Expats too cheap to pay for a decent haircut
    7) Sports Fanatics
    8) Those wronged by HK banks
    9) Expats who have left HK and have nothing better than to still post on GXP
    this is a surprisingly comprehensive list!
    imparanoic and huja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    this is a surprisingly comprehensive list!
    except he/she forgot one major past subgroup discussions - frozen chapatis!!
    Rob2020 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    except he/she forgot one major past subgroup discussions - frozen chapatis!!
    That actually reminds me of something I wanted to ask the group, does anywhere know where I can get frozen, par-baked bread?
    I only know of delifrance par-baked which is available at the usual suspects, looking for alternatives ...
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    That actually reminds me of something I wanted to ask the group, does anywhere know where I can get frozen, par-baked bread?
    I only know of delifrance par-baked which is available at the usual suspects, looking for alternatives ...
    larger branches of u select occasionally have partial baked bagguettes
    Rob2020 likes this.

Has mini disc become the new 8 track?