Like Tree8Likes

Weekend GXP traffic

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Weekend GXP traffic

The extreme drop off in site traffic leads me to believe GXP members are either extremely dedicated to weekend family time or they spend a lot of time surfing at work during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    The extreme drop off in site traffic leads me to believe GXP members are either extremely dedicated to weekend family time or they spend a lot of time surfing at work during the week.
    A little bit of both.

Its a clear shift in demographics from 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    A little bit of both.
    I'm at work now and normally when I post
    Its a clear shift in demographics from 15 years ago.
    How was it different 15 years ago ?

Original Post Deleted
    I should have been more specific. There are far fewer posts on the weekend. Seemingly single-digit posts sometimes.

It's not rocking like it once used to, hey. 10 or so years ago this forum really was pretty visceral.

Majority of that active group of posters that used to make it an exciting place, seemed to have moved on or got banned.lol The forums have transformed into a bit of a wet cardigan, these days.... not as much diversity now? which is a shame. Or maybe the new generations of expat just can't be arsed, it's just not their thing?

It is nice to remember when some topics attracted a much larger number of regular posters,on GEO and how much more passionate, if not, just plain silly it was and the almighty arguments lol

Oh well, times change

Last edited by Skyhook; 24-02-2019 at 08:18 AM.
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    It's not rocking like it once used to, hey. 10 or so years ago this forum really was pretty visceral.

Majority of that active group of posters that used to make it an exciting place, seemed to have moved on or got banned.lol The forums have transformed into a bit of a wet cardigan, these days.... not as much diversity now? which is a shame. Or maybe the new generations of expat just can't be arsed, it's just not their thing?

It is nice to remember when some topics attracted a much larger number of regular posters,on GEO and how much more passionate, if not, just plain silly it was and the almighty arguments lol

Oh well, times change
    You have to wonder if the silly arguments put off the 'normal' expats. Having said that I know another expat site that does not allow any political discussion, almost dead as a site.

The percentage of regulars on here who no longer live in HK is much higher now.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Surely Reddit gets the young expats

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    You have to wonder if the silly arguments put off the 'normal' expats. Having said that I know another expat site that does not allow any political discussion, almost dead as a site.

The percentage of regulars on here who no longer live in HK is much higher now.
    I think you'll find who's left has more likely shooed most of the potential new regs away, who probably don't like being school teachered or jumped on by the cliqueyness *wink*. Don't you think?

partly also the mix of people coming to hk has changed ?

Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:

Oh well, times change
    You mean the poster who turned every thread into pages full of "This message is hidden because XXXX is on your ignore list."?
    shri and jgl like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast