Like Tree15Likes

Decathlon Stores in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

sometimes I worried about their business in Mong Kok..Well, they're okay..

I still find impressive their checkout system...You just drop the basket in that recipient, and all its contents have been already immediately scanned within a second. The day they start implementing those magnetic tags (I reckon they are that...rfid?) on supermarkets, cashiers are done for good.

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    I still find impressive their checkout system...You just drop the basket in that recipient, and all its contents have been already immediately scanned within a second. The day they start implementing those magnetic tags (I reckon they are that...rfid?) on supermarkets, cashiers are done for good.
    The new way to shop in supermarkets will be combined with facial recognition. ie you walk into a supermarket, take what you want off the shelf, walk out the door without paying or walking through any register. The facial recognition system will know who you are and the RFID tags will know what you have taken.
    shri likes this.

Is anyone else as bemused as I am at the state of "self checkout" machines in HK shops?

Some of them seem like they were cobbled together by a child.
    Compared to the machines we have in Australia, the HK ones are dinosaurs ..

The only decent ones I've seen are at the fancy Park n Shop in the Cheung Kong Central carpark ...

TheBrit likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Well that bit is obvious, but when you're implementing them anyway why not implement a good solution?