Like Tree19Likes

Honda has got its innovative design, MOJO back !

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Original Post Deleted
    Yes, it's not as attractive as your Mazda 8 minivan
    civil_servant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    What is the purpose of the gearbox tunnel cover? Just a hangover from 'Luxury' feeling of Panhard gearbox layout that is used in ICE cars

It should look like this inside
    Had you watched the video, you would have got your answer !

The head of the Honda E program, and the chief interior / exterior stylists were asked questions by Johnny ( fifth gear & Fully Charged presenter) about why they opted for the center console, which I 100% agree with their most logical reasoning behind it. It was discussed fairly comprehensively.

Original Post Deleted
    I suspect people will sign-up for a always 80% full type contract that will charge you to 100% but dip back in to take 20% to fill up someone locally who has just parked up with empty batteries. Some may argue that this extra charge discharge is a problem but skimming 20% off to distribute locally takes a lot of stress off the grid and allows guarantee charge.

Original Post Deleted
    I suspect the next 25 years to change over.

As for tax - yes a rebalancing is needed at some point but at the moment vehicles that emit pollution outside urban areas should be encouraged.

Original Post Deleted
    I still think it will change over the next 25 years and in rural areas much much longer

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    As soon as I saw the Honda it reminded me of the V Golf and when I clicked the video link the 2nd comment I see posted by someone else is

Still looks cool.
    It reminded me of the 1980's

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    It will be interesting to see how this electric car deals with Great Walls already poor reputation, I know over here, mechanics nicknamed them, Great Shames, which also reflects their abysmal resale value from a brand POV.

However, I do agree that it is refreshing to see a greatly simplified EV city car minus all the gimmicky stuff and wish all manufacturers adopted the same philosophy with the keep it simple car for the masses approach that VW did with the first Beetle in the 60’s/70’s.

So, providing this Great Wall EV can prove to be acceptably durable and fuss free to live with on a day to day basis, then it ‘might’ do ok, providing the public are politically cool with investing their money in it over a trusted, Korean, German or Japanese, alternative.
    Mr Chips, East_coast and ramelec like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    It will be interesting to see how this electric car deals with Great Walls already poor reputation, I know over here, mechanics nicknamed them, Great Shames, which also reflects their abysmal resale value from a brand POV.

However, I do agree that it is refreshing to see a greatly simplified EV city car minus all the gimmicky stuff and wish all manufacturers adopted the same philosophy with the keep it simple car for the masses approach that VW did with the first Beetle in the 60’s/70’s.

So, providing this Great Wall EV can prove to be acceptably durable and fuss free to live with on a day to day basis, then it ‘might’ do ok, providing the public are politically cool with investing their money in it over a trusted, Korean, German or Japanese, alternative.
    I still say there must be a market for people like me who want and EV that is an ordinary car... I'm running a Vectra estate here in the UK... it's spot on for my purposes... most EVs seem to be either shopping carts or race cars... I'm more than happy with the performance I get from the 1.9CDTi which I've had remapped (around 190bhp)... no need for the silly Tesla performance or the overly pristine interiors that isn't very family friendly.
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:

Modern entry level cars should be entry level but with modern safety features e.g. ABS breaks, crash test compliant etc

I'm sure the power to weight ratio will improve as hybrid battery / capacitor systems come on stream for microcars.

Name:  1920px-Honda_Sports360_prototype_01.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  444.5 KB

Vanity and gluttony should really be taxed very heavily