Like Tree184Likes

MPF: how to boost returns?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    Yeah I got a couple of check boxes I had to "Agree" to on the DIS one which explained something about it being age adjusted and they will do something different with it after I hit 50 years of age or something. Honestly I'm not too keen on "Default" anything but I thought OK I'll put 20% in there and see what happens. The other 80% I just split among all the other low fee options, nothing really fancy or meaningful about my choices. If I've made a mistake I'm screwed because apparently you can only make one switch per year.

Original Post Deleted
    For DIS, is there any set guidelines on allocation changes of contribution along with age for all MPF providers ? Or each provider decides on it separately ?

So for Manulife, I found out information;

Name:  Manulife_DIS.jpg
Views: 965
Size:  32.9 KB

bdw likes this.

my AIA MPF is invested into 100% Growth Portfolio since 2009. I have no clue and never really bothered looking into it lol its nearly 500K that I have in this MPF.

Today I filled in a MPF form to find out what other MPF's I have out there that I forgot about lol

bdw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    my AIA MPF is invested into 100% Growth Portfolio since 2009. I have no clue and never really bothered looking into it lol its nearly 500K that I have in this MPF.

Today I filled in a MPF form to find out what other MPF's I have out there that I forgot about lol
    If you haven't changed since 2009 then sounds like you are just like me and you are probably paying 1.3% in fees if you have AIA's "Preferential Rates". But jump onto their website and adjust your portfolio to their newer offerings in the top half of the chart I posted above and reduce your fees down to 0.75% - 0.79%.

It feels like a bit of a scam to me. Rather than lowering fees across the board to benefit everyone instantly, they create newer products with lower fees and then hope their customers are too lazy/ignorant so they can keep skimming the higher fees.
    snach likes this.

Glad you guys are looking at it. I remember a lot of folks going "blah blah ... not worth it..". But for a lot of us, its good money and enough to buy a retirement place somewhere cheaper than HK, when you figure you're ready for it.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Glad you guys are looking at it. I remember a lot of folks going "blah blah ... not worth it..". But for a lot of us, its good money and enough to buy a retirement place somewhere cheaper than HK, when you figure you're ready for it.
    Well I guess for new expats, it's only $1500 a month so who cares. But once you've been here 10 years, this becomes half a million so definitely worth looking into finally.
    snach likes this.

Well, Thanks to this thread I have looked in to fees and fund expense ratio of Manulife. Buggers are charging 1.6% for 6 equity funds and 1.9% for 2 equity funds out of total 9 equity funds available to select from. Their average fund expense ratio is 2% for equity funds, while returns are not that great. Since Core Accumulation fund under DIS is less than 2 years old, they are getting away without publishing data on fund expense ratio.

MFP is just legislated robbery.

Is the 1% benefit of these lower fee funds actually going to make you more money in the long run?

Isn't it possible the higher fee funds will make you more money long term?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast