Like Tree7Likes

Jet Airways about to collapse?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jet Airways about to collapse?

Got a flight booked with them next month to the UK, was recommended by an Indian colleague - got email tonight saying that just the HK<->India legs are canceled, which is spectacularly useless. Also apparently their customer service is partly not working, partly just jammed up... If they're in this bad of a state, I don't expect them to happily refund me, so I'll also call my bank in the morning.

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/south...ment-steps-and

Morrison and JAherbert like this.

Oops. Am about to book an internal flight within India with them in mid April. Should I avoid?

Original Post Deleted
    Freebie ticket .. lets see how this pans out over the next week or two. This and the Boeing groundings will probably play out and settle down in a week or so. I hope.

Unlikely that this will be resolved by mid April. Book on another carrier. India is notorious for price hikes especially for last minute ones.

shri likes this.

My dad sent this to me a few mins ago.

Any Airline except Jet Airways is safe to book. Jet may close down due to financial problems. More than half of their aircrafts have been grounded by their lessors.
    Not liking my options!

Is this correct?

Vistara / Spice / Indigo seem to fly out of Terminal 1 in Bombay. CX uses T2. Used to be a relatively easy connection on Jet which uses T2.

Will have to look at flying in through Delhi.

We had three internal (domestic) tickets booked for travel on March 22 from Mumbai to a local destination for my family who is currently visiting India. We booked these on miles collected on Jet Airways over the last 2 years since we've been in HK. Got an email on Monday that all 3 flights fully cancelled. Had to hurry with train bookings, and now trying to figure out how to get them all back to Mumbai for their respective outbound flights ... not fun at all.

They've now canceled the remaining legs of my booked trip - which does clarify things, since I was worried they were going to refuse a full refund (if there is any refund at all) because it was only a partial cancelation...

My impression is that there will at least be a major restructuring, if they manage to stay afloat at all - I wouldn't assume any current booking is safe, and I certainly wouldn't book any future flights with them until things are sorted out. There are some domestic Indian politics involved though, which I don't entirely understand.

Original Post Deleted
    Indigo / Spice - Seem to have raised their prices.

Turns out the best connection and safest option in terms of reliability for me is Singapore Airlines from HK to Ahmedabad.

Original Post Deleted
    A few hours... I really do like the airport - my favorite.
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Sounds like this is going to be quite a pain for India. And with HK Airlines wobbling here... Not a good time to travel without bullet proof insurance!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast