Like Tree5Likes

Pan Asia Sim (including HK)?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pan Asia Sim (including HK)?

Got family coming over and doing a bit of a tour of Asia. HK, Thailand, Japan, Cambodia over a month.

Any sim card that could cover all of this mainly for data, but also for calling in HK.

Been searching around can't really find anything that fits the bill.

If you just need data then there are a few on HKTV Mall.

https://www.hktvmall.com/hktv/en/sea...ord=ASIA%20SIM

The Mrs buys them for me from TaoBao (about 20-30% cheaper at times, but I think HKTV mall is competitive). The SIM I've had good luck with is actually a Thai SIM which is configured for several Asian countries and it works in HK too.

I think this is the one we get...

https://www.hktvmall.com/hktv/en/mai...rce=igodigital

pin likes this.

OK - no idea how to use HKTVmall.. but I have a similar need. A good SIM for Canada and Alaska. I hear coverage is bad and that you need something compatible with AT&T or Tmobile for Alaska. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Cheers, seen that one before. Would probably need to buy a couple of 8 day options and maybe CMHK when in HK. Was hoping for something a bit more "integrated".

It might not be the cheapest, but since you already use birdie in HK you can just use it for roaming too. $15/day for 11 countries in Asia and you only pay for the exact number of days you need. None of this bullshit buying an 8 day card if you are only going for 5 days for example.

Name:  360F4D1D-533E-4B18-8C19-C857D3943A2C.png
Views: 183
Size:  96.8 KB

What about Europe? Do SIM cards work across borders when travelling around Belgium Netherlands Germany for example? I hope I don’t need a separate sim for each country

There are Europe sims. I bought this last year and used it in Spain and the UK

https://traveldetail.fliggy.com/item...d=572653778224

Quote Originally Posted by jonastainine:
    What about Europe? Do SIM cards work across borders when travelling around Belgium Netherlands Germany for example? I hope I don’t need a separate sim for each country
    China Mobile HK Supreme Global Service plan works in 101 countries around the world and includes free data roaming until you reach your limit. Has the added benefit of being able to use Facebook and Whatsapp in China.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

That was more for Katherine and the guy asking about EU Sim.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast