Like Tree21Likes

Would it be any problem, if i break my apartment contract because my landlord accuse me that i steal money from the neighbor?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

do you live in a subdivided flat by any chance? if so I would be careful what I would do with your landlord, some are dodgy bastards. Report him to the police.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by manjarb:
    So i should stay there with those kind of ppl that accused me without any reason?
    I would report it to the police and see it out until the end of my contract, personally. Or get written consent to break the contract.

Otherwise next time they accuse you (of breaking the contract) they'll be entirely correct.

This whole thing looks shady....from both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Cminds:
    This. I find it weird that someone wouldn't care about their $7000 deposit if they're innocent. I certainly would care.
    MandM! likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    do you live in a subdivided flat by any chance? if so I would be careful what I would do with your landlord, some are dodgy bastards. Report him to the police.
    I am not sure how to these kind of place (i am not local hk), but i think it would be that since it looks like the whole floor was divided into 4 rooms.

How could this one looks shady from my side?

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    This. I find it weird that someone wouldn't care about their $7000 deposit if they're innocent. I certainly would care.
    Actually i care about it in the beginning, but a few days after what i worry more is about my stuffs every time when i going to work.

So i rather get out of there asap than risk loosing stuffs inside my room instead.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    I would report it to the police and see it out until the end of my contract, personally. Or get written consent to break the contract.

Otherwise next time they accuse you (of breaking the contract) they'll be entirely correct.
    I didn't know we have some kind of consent to break the contract things here.

So actually i was thinking about stay until end of my contract also, but since that i have been more worry about my current stuff more than i thought i would be.

That is why i want to move out asap rather than risk losing some other stuff, just to prove my status.

Quote Originally Posted by manjarb:
    How could this one looks shady from my side?
    Well, according to your story, you are renting a flat and your landlord is accusing you of stealing from your neighbour, which shouldn't have anything to do with your landlord unless you are living in a sub divided flat which is probably illegal. Nevertheless, your landlord, according to you, is lying and has no proof. The police are not involved and you, being the accused, have not alerted the authorities. You are willing to give up $7,000 just because your landlord is accusing you.

Why wouldn't you defend yourself? Why would you give up your money? Why hasn't the police been involved? Very shady from both sides
    shri, jimbo and HK_Katherine like this.

Well, according to your story, you are renting a flat and your landlord is accusing you of stealing from your neighbour, which shouldn't have anything to do with your landlord unless you are living in a sub divided flat which is probably illegal. Nevertheless, your landlord, according to you, is lying and has no proof. The police are not involved and you, being the accused, have not alerted the authorities. You are willing to give up $7,000 just because your landlord is accusing you.

Why wouldn't you defend yourself? Why would you give up your money? Why hasn't the police been involved? Very shady from both sides
    So actually they said they already tell the police about this and the police will come an interview me soon. I told them that since i am not a criminal so that i am wiling to talk with the police anytime. This is why i didn't alert to the authorities on that time, but then almost a week already still nothing happened that is why i thought they were lied to me.

So i willing to give up 7k hkd not only about accusing reason, but also that stuffs in my room are worth more than 30k hkd.
    That is why i rather give up on 7k hkd than risk living there for ilke another 90 days of crazy mind.