Like Tree17Likes

Work in HK but live in Shenzhen, does multiple entry visa to China works?

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

I thinking it’s open on Saturdays too

Hi Fei88, I most likely cross the border on Sunday. Just wondering if you can find out if it opens on Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by Fei88:
    China immigration only gives you those extra stamp pages if you have a Permanent ID. I tried but didn't work with my non P HKID .

Can anyone on here confirm if a permanent HKID is required to add the pages? My passport is filling up pretty quickly. I have a work visa for HK (non-permanent) and a 10 year business visa for mainland.

It it seems that there is conflicting info in this thread as another poster has stated that “HKID is the only requirement”

thanks for any help!

Yes, HK Permanent ID is a must.

I know clearly having asked for the pages with my Non Permanent ID.

Quote Originally Posted by it_guy:

Can anyone on here confirm if a permanent HKID is required to add the pages? My passport is filling up pretty quickly. I have a work visa for HK (non-permanent) and a 10 year business visa for mainland.

It it seems that there is conflicting info in this thread as another poster has stated that “HKID is the only requirement”

thanks for any help!

Yes, HK Permanent ID is a must.

I know clearly having asked for the pages with my Non Permanent ID.
    Yes, I understand that they told you no, but it seems that with the Chinese answers are never hard and fast. An example is their visa processing here in HK. I was able to get them to process my visa without HKID where as another person that went after I went got rejected. I was able to essentially steamroll them by refusing to leave and bringing some of my office staff to argue with them and explain how it was hurting our business in mainland due to their inflexibility.

I am wondering if anyone has leaned on them hard enough. I was able to get the immigration guys to tell me that they will even consider me for e-channel if I have both a mainland and HK driver license because our company had registered cross border plates. Part of what I love about china is that if it is in the name of business, there always seems to be a workaround.

I am going to bring a native mandarin speaker from my company when I go to the border on Monday and see if I can convince them to be more accommodating. I will let you know the result.

I will also update regarding e-channel after I have my licenses converted.
    chuckster007 likes this.

[QUOTE

I am going to bring a native mandarin speaker from my company when I go to the border on Monday and see if I can convince them to be more accommodating. I will let you know the result..[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that. Yes please let us know how that goes.

Echannel privilege on business visa is also interesting ; never heard of it. Hope that works for you.

I have been commuting for almost 5 years now ; and till I could get china side e channel ; it was a nightmare with lines and stamps and the immigration forms.

[QUOTE

I am going to bring a native mandarin speaker from my company when I go to the border on Monday and see if I can convince them to be more accommodating. I will let you know the result..
    Good luck with that. Yes please let us know how that goes.

Echannel privilege on business visa is also interesting ; never heard of it. Hope that works for you.

I have been commuting for almost 5 years now ; and till I could get china side e channel ; it was a nightmare with lines and stamps and the immigration forms.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I will definitely let you know.

How did you end up getting e-channel? Did you get a China resident permit? My company will sponsor me for the permit if I want, but I am unsure if I can have a resident permit for HK and Mainland at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by it_guy:
    I was able to get the immigration guys to tell me that they will even consider me for e-channel if I have both a mainland and HK driver license because our company had registered cross border plates.
    You 1000% misheard that. A foreigner can drive a dual plate car and cross the border with fingerprints, IF and only IF they also have a residence permit for China in addition to having a Mainland and HK drivers license. If you don't have a residence permit you not only get a stamp and have to fill out the yellow paper, but you also have to fill out an additional form at China immigration for driving across the border every single time, both on entry and on exit.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    You 1000% misheard that. A foreigner can drive a dual plate car and cross the border with fingerprints, IF and only IF they also have a residence permit for China in addition to having a Mainland and HK drivers license. If you don't have a residence permit you not only get a stamp and have to fill out the yellow paper, but you also have to fill out an additional form at China immigration for driving across the border every single time, both on entry and on exit.
    Thats part of why I’m asking here, I’m a bit confused. I showed them my China M visa, and they guy told me that without a driver license they couldn’t help me. His English was pretty decent.

[QUOTE

How did you end up getting e-channel? Did you get a China resident permit? My company will sponsor me for the permit if I want, but I am unsure if I can have a resident permit for HK and Mainland at the same time.[/QUOTE]

I have China Residence Permit ( Z visa). I have had them both for years no such restriction.

chuckster007 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast