Like Tree29Likes

How to have glowy skin (look young)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Original Post Deleted
    That wasn't it either
    juanalias and jgl like this.

Southern coastal China including Taiwan is actually pretty good for Asian skin. The humidity here is a good factor. From what I observe, it takes at least a generation of living here for Chinese or other East Asians from other regions to have the local skin type. Yes overseas Chinese and Chinese of other parts of China do look different, including sizes, heights and skin. Which is normal due to different cultures, climate and diet.

Quote Originally Posted by jw1701:
    Not living in HK is a good start...the pollution here is terribly harsh and drying on the skin and hair

If you are being asked for ID in your 30's, it means you are the size of a child.

Good skin is age independent. Glow is separate... typically fades in the early 20's for Asian girls. Late teens for others. Putting that shiny thing all over your face does not count and is a real turn off.

And

Original Post Deleted
    , "50" and "glow" should not overlap.

In the UK ladies don't sweat they glow, I guess we are not talking about the same thing.

Jillypots likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    In the UK ladies don't sweat they glow, I guess we are not talking about the same thing.
    I think you are on a different page.

The OP isn't looking for a euphemism here. Radiant, healthy and youthful skin. This is what glow means.

Try the skincare products with these ingredients that will bring back the lost glow and shine in your skin (According to this article: Essential Skincare Ingredients That Will Make Your Skin Glow )
    Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C, Antioxidants, Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Fatty Acids and Retinol

To increase collagen content and production of hyaluronic acid, try soy isoflavone and alpha lipoic acid .
    To get rid of pigmentations and acnes ,
    try Azelaic acid cream.

Also , remember to feed yourself with enough antioxidant food , like Green tea, onions, gingers.

gigglinggal likes this.

For me:

The Ordinary: Buffet
    The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
    Huxley Secret of Sahara Oil Essence

No smoking

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer.lee:
    I am curious on how Chinese look so young and elegant, especially having smooth and glowing skin.

Are there any facials/ products which someone could recommend it to me as my focus is to have clear and glowing skin.

Does having a healthy diet play a big role too?
    Avoid sugar. Sugar dissolves collagen.

Exercise. So many people focus on buying there way to good health... Add some exercise to your life!

Skin care product even for a male!!
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mmbiker:
    Avoid sugar. Sugar dissolves collagen.

Exercise. So many people focus on buying there way to good health... Add some exercise to your life!

Skin care product even for a male!!
    Consume healthy fresh food, avoid processed or take out.

Avoid refined sugar, ie keep away from most super market/7-11 sold drinks, as most of it is sugar water including orange juice etc. Freshly squeezed OJ or from any other fruit/veg is fine though. Avoid food that was made in a factory/processed.

Wash properly using quality soap with the right Ph level, get plenty of rest at night and exercise even walking a bit further each day helps.

don’t smoke and keep away from excessive alcohol consumption especially beer and you’ll feel/look better by doing a balanced multi prong approach.

last but not least, make time for your health and we’ll being.

cant do anything about HK/China air quality, but if you get the other things right, you should be majority of the way there.