Like Tree56Likes

Does anyone know how i can get a job as a bouncer?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lighthse003:
    Most nightlife establishments having mostly Chinese customers don't have a visible bouncer, or only want Chinese for the job.
    those Chinese bars are protected and pay protection fee whether they like it or NOT lol
    shri likes this.

this guy wants a job but can be arsed making the first move? these sort sort of establishments do not do emails, its not an office job! get off your arse and go up to someone in person and ask them, if you dont ask then you dont get easy! thats what everyone is saying on here and he still moans about not finding a job. grow a pair jeez..........

It's not just growing a pair.

You know exactly where the bouncers are. You can walk up in person and then you're one step away from the hiring manager.

Compare this to most office jobs where you apply via email- the generic mail goes into a folder of an HR person who knows nothing about the role and sits there for days or weeks. Then it gets passed into some black box process, maybe gets seen by a manager. If it's good then weeks of back and forth interviews with different people. Then if it goes well, it's got to go through further approvals further up, sometimes in other countries.

But probably the most likely outcome is your mail just disappears into a black hole and you never hear anything again. Which is exactly what is happening to the OP.

Walking up to a bouncer is about ten times easier and more direct than jobsdb emails. People would kill for an application process that was this simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardstorm:
    The number one requirement for a bouncer is social skills. So the ability to communicate is ten times more important then the ability to “bounce” Hence the advice given. Email is typically not a sign of great social skills, approach the guys, talk with them, see if they have an opening or know who might have one... not so hard it is?
    Quote Originally Posted by RAINDEAR:
    i repeat, see again (my) post #6. it's best you go make a walkthru enquiry in those bars & clubs, they usually post some paper ads at their doors, but some rare chances they post in the web. go to Lan Kwai Fong, and Wanchai. do you know how to get there?
    if not, take the MTR, LKF is in d'Aguilar St. - take exit D1 or D2. Wanchai is in Lockhart road - take exit C. give it a try & good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by lighthse003:
    There are not a lot of nightlife establishments out of the total number in HK needing English speaking bouncers. This is a small industry in HK. And filled up quickly. Most needing them are foreign/expat bars.

Most nightlife establishments having mostly Chinese customers don't have a visible bouncer, or only want Chinese for the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannah01:
    Why not?

Even when I was a shy teenager, I walked in to almost every coffee shops in Central asking/inquiring about job vacancies available . Sometimes, I was hired right away on the spot which otherwise would have been impossible,had I waited for them to respond me back. Yes, e-mails did work too. Employers responded back ( some didn't) but visiting in person is thousand times better as your whole personality and "package" is present right there in front of their eyes. I don't get it why you're still adamant about not walking in to the clubs and bars to enquire about the job. I hope not you're one reclusive teenager.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunster:
    this guy wants a job but can be arsed making the first move? these sort sort of establishments do not do emails, its not an office job! get off your arse and go up to someone in person and ask them, if you dont ask then you dont get easy! thats what everyone is saying on here and he still moans about not finding a job. grow a pair jeez..........
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    It's not just growing a pair.

You know exactly where the bouncers are. You can walk up in person and then you're one step away from the hiring manager.

Compare this to most office jobs where you apply via email- the generic mail goes into a folder of an HR person who knows nothing about the role and sits there for days or weeks. Then it gets passed into some black box process, maybe gets seen by a manager. If it's good then weeks of back and forth interviews with different people. Then if it goes well, it's got to go through further approvals further up, sometimes in other countries.

But probably the most likely outcome is your mail just disappears into a black hole and you never hear anything again. Which is exactly what is happening to the OP.

Walking up to a bouncer is about ten times easier and more direct than jobsdb emails. People would kill for an application process that was this simple.

since I’ve never been to LKF
    can you fellas name the bars that are highly likely to employ bouncers atm? this walk in job thing is new to me, so give me a direction if you can, please....

Quote Originally Posted by zeadmage:
    can you fellas name the bars that are highly likely to employ bouncers atm? this walk in job thing is new to me, so give me a direction if you can, please....
    Wan Chai as well. Walk around and see which bars have bouncers outside. I think you need to get a feel of the bars anyway to understand a bit about being a bouncer.
    Fiona in HKG and Edwardstorm like this.

Straight up : how old are you? Seriously.
    All these advice, tips and "guidance" , and you still saying the same thing over and over. Phew!!!!!
    Fiona in HKG, shri and imparanoic like this.

this guy is hard work, good luck job hunting!

Fiona in HKG and shri like this.

Seriously OP, you are not exhibiting one of the core competencies of a bouncer, being confidence. You haven't even scoped out one of the areas where you would be looking for employment... and how about Wanchai, have you scoped out that area yet?

Why do you want to be a bouncer?

Never been to LKF but want to be a bouncer there? Seriously? Just take the MTR and go there at night! Geez!

imparanoic likes this.

Hi Guys, I want to be a pilot but I have never been in plane or the airport, or even seen one. Any guidance? By the way I'm scared of height and noise and travelling abroad.