Like Tree313Likes

English Premier League 2018/2019

Closed Thread
Page 79 of 87 FirstFirst ... 71 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast

cancelled

Huddersfield makes a list no team wants to make. Currently 15 points with a game remaining.

https://www.90min.com/posts/5050741-...league-history

Meanwhile, Wolverhampton are promotion team prodigies. Currently 57 points with a game remaining. If they add to that total, that would likely mean an end to Liverpool's Premiership dreams.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ted-clubs.html

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Huddersfield makes a list no team wants to make. Currently 15 points with a game remaining.

https://www.90min.com/posts/5050741-...league-history
    I remember when Hull got promoted, "please don't let us do worse than Derby" and celebrating when we got to 12 points
    huja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I remember when Hull got promoted, "please don't let us do worse than Derby" and celebrating when we got to 12 points
    Gotta' have standards.
    hullexile likes this.

I think I'm going to watch it live ... @huja pls get your dog a nice sausage or some other goodies so there will be no whining and interruptions during the game

ManCity v Leicester
    Date: 7 May - 03:00am ( HKTime )
    Venue: Ethiad Stadium, Manchester
    Referee: Michael Dean
    HK Live: NowTV 620,621 LeTV

huja and hullexile like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    I think I'm going to watch it live ... @huja pls get your dog a nice sausage or some other goodies so there will be no whining and interruptions during the game

ManCity v Leicester
    Date: 7 May - 03:00am ( HKTime )
    Venue: Ethiad Stadium, Manchester
    Referee: Michael Dean
    HK Live: NowTV 620,621 LeTV
    Match is at noon my time so dog should be sorted. Just not sure I have the nerves to watch live. Might be another long run.
    Tom007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by periphery831:
    While the top 4 race is a joke now, it's still damn interesting.

Looks like it will go down to the last day of the season.

Come on you Gunners!
    Stat of the weekend

You'll probably be aware that the last time either of the top two dropped any points was on March 3, just over two months ago. Since then they have both been relentless winning machines, but it's been rather different for the three teams beneath them.

In that same time, 99 points have been available to Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Manchester United. They have taken 42 of them. Less than half. If that was one team, extrapolated over a 38-game season, this conglomerate of mediocrity would finish on around 48 points, which at the moment would be enough for 12th place.

If nothing else, it provides handy ammo to anyone arguing against the idea of the Premier League as unquestionably the greatest in the world.
    Liverpool continue with late heroics but that may not be good enough

Yeah, next season will be fascinating with the birth of VAR in the Prem and even more teams challenging for top 4.

The two dropped points [Against Huddersfield] mean United can't qualify for next season's Champions League and that, reportedly, means across-the-board 25 percent pay cuts for most of the squad.
    Wow . . . had no idea a such a thing as a "wage clause" existed, especially at a big club like United. Also, I'd bet one U.S. dollar that the clause doesn't dent Alexis Sanchez's salary.

Man United's players deserve scrutiny but so does Solskjaer. PLUS: Barca rest up and Liverpool keep fighting
    East_coast likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 79 of 87 FirstFirst ... 71 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast