Like Tree34Likes

new street lamps and camera

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

There are a few of them along the harbor side in Kwun Tong. They have a notice posted that they are a for a new parking/traffic enforcement trial.

Edit: https://www.hk01.com/社會新聞/297911/起動九...跟進執法

shri likes this.

Ah crap I have to improve my parking skills.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    There are a few of them along the harbor side in Kwun Tong. They have a notice posted that they are a for a new parking/traffic enforcement trial.
    Ah that makes perfect sense, the whole Hoi Bun road is jam packed with illegal parking and into Kai Hing road towards the new Childrens hospital, the Police cant keep up giving parking tickets LOL

Ah, the smart lampost program. Some information here:

https://www.news.gov.hk/eng/2018/10/...55008_424.html

I wrote a HK short term patent application for a client who was tendering for this project... anything that is "smart" or "digital city" or other such stuff, you can be sure there is some government program to promote it...

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    anything that is "smart" or other such stuff, you can be sure there is some government program to promote it...
    Unless it's "smart" civil servants

Gotta admit I have mixed feelings about doing this, knowing how data can be misused. But if you really used it to say, for example, improve the timing of traffic lights to ease congestion in a very dynamic kind of way, well, could be useful. Still, you think of the new signalling software on the MTR, kinda needs some fine tuning...

MandM! and spode like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lovehunter:
    I was under the impression that if there are CCTVs installed for whatever purpose, there has to be a notice (printed, posted nearby) indicating such action. Was there any or is that not applicable to Governments?
    somebody must have heard you, this morning I noticed a brand new dayglow CCTV warning sign

Meanwhile in the US:

San Francisco bans police use of face recognition technology

San Francisco becomes the first U.S. city to outlaw a rapidly developing technology that has alarmed privacy and civil liberties advocates
    MandM! likes this.

added location qrcode on new street lamps

And if people fail to "petition the government", coming soon under the "Your Location" option: "Your Social Score".

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast