Like Tree24Likes

Working in Hong Kong with a HKID?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Working in Hong Kong with a HKID?

Hi,

Anyone know if a HKID is sufficient to work in Hong Kong without any extra work visa?
    Thanks.

what does the back of your HK ID say

Yuhikaru likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuhikaru:
    Hi,

Anyone know if a HKID is sufficient to work in Hong Kong without any extra work visa?
    Thanks.
    If you are a Permanent Resident (Right to Land or Right of Abode) or on a dependent Visa (unless as the dependent of a student).

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    what does the back of your HK ID say
    I don't get it..there's nothing on the back of the card. But to elaborate further, I haven't stayed more than 7 years in HK, but I have a HKID. Where does that put me? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    If you are a Permanent Resident (Right to Land or Right of Abode) or on a dependent Visa (unless as the dependent of a student).
    I'm not PERMANENT in the sense that I haven't cleared my 7th year in Hong Kong...

If you are just a resident, you will be subjected to limit of stay through appropriate visa (employment or dependent etc..).

If you are a resident with right to land or a permanent resident, then you wont be subjected to any limit on stay. In this case you wont need a visa

shri, MandM! and BritishRose like this.

I'm not PERMANENT in the sense that I haven't cleared my 7th year in Hong Kong...
    Are you on a dependent visa from your local wife?
    Yuhikaru likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    Are you on a dependent visa from your local wife?
    Yes, my wife is a Hong Kong citizen. My HKID was approved due to that. Given so, do I still need to apply for work visa if I am offered a job here in HK?

Yes, my wife is a Hong Kong citizen. My HKID was approved due to that. Given so, do I still need to apply for work visa if I am offered a job here in HK?
    No you are free to work for who you like, as long as your dependent visa remains valid.

How long have you been in HK for?!?!

I am continually surprised how some people move to new countries and don't research basics before or right after the move.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast