VLC tips for iphone and charge cable problems

Closed Thread

VLC tips for iphone and charge cable problems

1. how to select VLC as default for mp4 files, when l airdrop mp4 it opens it with photo which is no good as can't even continue from where left off if have to close the app.
    2. has anyone experienced disappearing media? l had airdropped some media and they were received, by VLC but the four files that were transferred, 2 had disappeared.
    3. l asked this before, but VLC still just doesnt continue playback if screen switched off. only continues playback when the screen is left on. has anyone experienced this?
    4. if airdrop and no software is selected in iphone, does the media get transferred somewhere in your phone? as it gives me choices if l airdrop mp3 files, but for mp4 photos is always chosen

lastly l have recently purchased a verbatim iphone charge cable, when plugged in it charged normally, but now it doesnt charge even though the lightning strike next to battery icon shows and the usual cable connecting sound is made. why is this?
    https://www.expansys.com.hk/verbatim...-black-290957/

Quote Originally Posted by Fanof:
    1. how to select VLC as default for mp4 files, when l airdrop mp4 it opens it with photo which is no good as can't even continue from where left off if have to close the app.
    2. has anyone experienced disappearing media? l had airdropped some media and they were received, by VLC but the four files that were transferred, 2 had disappeared.
    3. l asked this before, but VLC still just doesnt continue playback if screen switched off. only continues playback when the screen is left on. has anyone experienced this?
    4. if airdrop and no software is selected in iphone, does the media get transferred somewhere in your phone? as it gives me choices if l airdrop mp3 files, but for mp4 photos is always chosen

lastly l have recently purchased a verbatim iphone charge cable, when plugged in it charged normally, but now it doesnt charge even though the lightning strike next to battery icon shows and the usual cable connecting sound is made. why is this?
    https://www.expansys.com.hk/verbatim...-black-290957/
    Don't you need iTunes to enable transfer of mp3/alac /flac or mp4 video to your iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    Don't you need iTunes to enable transfer of mp3/alac /flac or mp4 video to your iPhone?
    Actually not, although it is simpler. You can copy media files directly to the shared file space of an individual App (like VLC). You may also be able to use the the new Files app for this, although I don’t use that so not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanof:
    I have heard people deleting the file extension, airdrop it over and it will ask which app to open it with as it doesn't recognise the extension, and then select VLC.

Are you sure they didn't end up in your iCloud Drive or Photos app?

I don't use the VLC app, but I have found the same occurs if I'm watching a video with the YouTube app and then sleep the screen the video will stop.

If no software is selected it should act as if you cancelled the transfer.