Like Tree16Likes

Can I apply for visa for single person business/consulting service business

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can I apply for visa for single person business/consulting service business

Hi all,

It is an urgent matter.

I worked for 18 months in Hong Kong. I am tried to find a job for over a year, but no luck. Now my employment visa is going to expire soon. I had 5.3 years dependent visa and 2 years employment visa (continuous visa since April 2012).

Although i have completed 7 years of continuous on visa, but I had 6.5 years of continuous stay and i do not have a job. Can I apply for PR without having a job?

If I can't apply for PR, can I apply for single person business visa or consulting visa in my profession as I have 15+ years of global experience and masters degree.

Your support is highly appreciable. If any lawyer is replying, please do share your contact details to contact you. Or please refer me a reliable lawyer in this case.

Many Thanks!

If you have had a continuous string of visas without ANY breaks, your six months should be considered a temporary absence, while you maintained residency in Hong Kong.

Would be seriously worth applying for your PR - start the VEPIC process asap and continue to provide all the documents required/requested.

The "investment" visa is a longer and more tedious process compared to the VEPIC (verification of eligibility of permanent id card or something like that) process.

MABinPengChau, MandM! and HKDesi like this.

Can you get any kind of an interim job (at a tutoring center, helping older students polish their portfolio for university, tutoring university students, doing admissions essays, etc.)- just to keep you in HK while you get your PR. Seems the centers that are helping kids get admitted to foreign universities would be interested in getting people with Master's degrees on staff to help in the process, especially if you have any degrees in UK, US, Canada, or Australia.

Heck depending on how good your English is just teach that...you are so close...

HKDesi likes this.

This website is very good and I think he also does live answers and such. Even if you had to pay some money it would be worth it.

http://www.hongkongvisageeza.com/

Does time as a student count towards PR? Can usually sign up for Chinese classes full time, don't think you are allowed to work but not sure about that...

HKDesi likes this.

You don't need a job to apply for PR. You do need 7 years of continuous stay (with good explanations for gaps if you have any).

as to your question, you cannot apply for an employment visa as a stand alone consultant (sole proprietor) but you can if you set up a consulting company and have a business plan (which should include revenues and a plan to hire staff). It would need to be a solid plan not a "something I make up on the back of a napkin to try and get a visa".

It's worth a try. Have an explanation ready for your absence.

Quote Originally Posted by HKDesi:
    It is an urgent matter.
    It would greatly help if you provide why 1/2 year is missing but you have been here since Apr 2012, where the heck did you go for 6 months and why??

Closing the business back home.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by HKDesi:
    Closing the business back home.
    That really is a temporary absence. As long as you maintained some sort of connection to HK - a valid visa + some sort of connection like phones, banking, residential lease etc.

You should really stop messing around online and get your application in.
    chuckster007, HKDesi and jack55 like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast