Like Tree25Likes

Coworking space experience

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Coworking space experience

About to quit the 9-5 and go freelance
    Im in the marketing field which I think a lot of companies may need.

Thinking of getting a hotdesk at a mainly for the networking.

Anyone working in a coworking space care to share their experience? Ie ease in finding clients...or not etc

thx

Quote Originally Posted by Wong Jeremy:
    which I think a lot of companies may need.
    May need? I recommend doing some research before quitting your job. Marketing skills are not rare in this city. Good luck though.
    JAherbert and angeluscomplex like this.

hmmmm.....paying rent to meet people without any budget to pay for your services....dont quit

Kowloon Goon likes this.

So I have worked in a number of co-working spaces. They all have big name clients (HSBC is a big tenant. Goldman practically rents an entire WeWork here in SG), but those companies all have their own offices, so interaction is limited. As a place to work I enjoy it. But as a customer acquisition strategy I think it's a dud.

JAherbert and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by er2:
    So I have worked in a number of co-working spaces. They all have big name clients (HSBC is a big tenant. Goldman practically rents an entire WeWork here in SG), but those companies all have their own offices, so interaction is limited. As a place to work I enjoy it. But as a customer acquisition strategy I think it's a dud.
    Thanks, that is interesting.
    I can tap up some old clients but would also like the chance to freelance with some small startups (low budgets, I know).

Secondly I thinking it’ll provide some office routine which I will strangely miss after quitting...

Expect to make contacts or swap advice and anecdotes but in terms of finding freelance work not so much.

The decision makers are generally out selling and schmoozing while the guys onsite frantically try and deliver on their promises.

Free beer is good tho

Huh, the physical security/infosec folks must have had conniptions over the idea of using serviced offices.

I'm pretty sure any regulated business which uses a co-working space will have dedicated rooms and will not be sharing desks or offices with anyone else.

See Q5: https://www.sfc.hk/web/EN/faqs/inter...keeping.html#5

The banks use wework with locked rooms and cameras installed tied to their security systems. They also have dedicated server racks and data lines.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    I'm pretty sure any regulated business which uses a co-working space will have dedicated rooms and will not be sharing desks or offices with anyone else.
    I wrote *exactly*that* in the very paragraph that you quote....?!?!
    greenmark likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast