Like Tree1201Likes

07/19 - July Protests & Related News

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 142 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Can someone copy/paste it here? I can't get twitter at work.

Has BocHK ever deny service to Supporters or Non-Supporters of the extradition bill?
    will they freeze your account because you are a non-supporter of the bill?
    i believe it is not wise to "attack" a business or a person based on their political view/choice if there is no evidence that the business/person has bias on their service towards people from the other side of their political view/choice.
    just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by si0001:
    Can someone copy/paste it here? I can't get twitter at work.
    "First poster is out for this Sunday’s protest. July 14, 3:30pm, Shatin #HK. Exact time & route subject to pending police notice of no objection. http://t.me/ShatinCommons"

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Not sure if this is the one...

Perhaps someone who can read it, can translate?

https://twitter.com/HKBigLychee/stat...88097051160578
    oh... hadn't seen that

Original Post Deleted
    what would be the purpose for many people to withdraw their money at the same time from one bank?
    may be i'm too naive, but i believe it might shake the bank liquidity as they need to provide enough cash for the customers to withdraw their money at the same time. and this is not an attack?
    what happen if the bank could not provide? news spread and the bank share price might be affected. this is not an attack?
    IMHO
    disclaimer: i do not own any share of the bank

Not questioning your other points, but you can rest assured that this 'bank run' will not have much, if any, impact on BOCHK.

Quote Originally Posted by aceofangel:
    Not questioning your other points, but you can rest assured that this 'bank run' will not have much, if any, impact on BOCHK.
    It depends what their message is. Perhaps they are trying to get people to switch away from a bank to one that is less vocal in its support of authoritarianism.

But it really is a token measure to highlight the businesses that supported a bad law.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    It depends what their message is. Perhaps they are trying to get people to switch away from a bank to one that is less vocal in its support of authoritarianism.

But it really is a token measure to highlight the businesses that supported a bad law.
    Between my terrible reading skills and the quality of that picture I can't see what that ad actually said so I'll reserve my judgement on that.

Anyway I don't think businesses should be involved with politics in general. Employees, executives etc can do so in their personal capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by aceofangel:
    Anyway I don't think businesses should be involved with politics in general.

There is another one that was quoted earlier that I can't quite make out. This one is clear enough though.

Yeah I don't agree with that they did.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 142 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast