Like Tree11Likes

43K HKD for Cathay Economy class.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

43K HKD for Cathay Economy class.

Tried to book a flight to the UK (two way, economy) with Cathay Pacific and this un-seasoned traveler got a mighty shock. Surely,it must be a technical glitch? Or is my not-so-smart-dumb-phone throwing pranks on me? 43K for an economy class ticket? Lord.

Last edited by hannah01; 17-07-2019 at 09:03 PM.

To where?

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01:
    Tried to book a flight to the UK (two way, economy) with Cathay Pacific and this un-seasoned traveler got a mighty shock. Surely,it must be a technical glitch? Or is my not-so-smart-dumb-phone throwing pranks on me? 43K for an economy class ticket? Lord.
    Most likely it was an overbooked flight and/or a Premium Economy ticket. Yes, some of the flexible PE tickets really are that much. Just try a different day or flight. Not so much a glitch as a specific flight issue.

Or fly another airline. Qatar are on sale right now.

EDIT - a random search in their website gives economy in the range of 9-13k, premium economy in the range of 12-55k.

yes, I did manage to find some 43k fares. On indirect routes with BA connections (e.g. via Munich). But there were other much cheaper flights on the same day, direct.
    Last edited by HK_Katherine; 17-07-2019 at 10:09 PM.
    hannah01 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Most likely it was an overbooked flight and/or a Premium Economy ticket. Yes, some of the flexible PE tickets really are that much. Just try a different day or flight. Not so much a glitch as a specific flight issue.

Or fly another airline. Qatar are on sale right now.

EDIT - a random search in their website gives economy in the range of 9-13k, premium economy in the range of 12-55k.

yes, I did manage to find some 43k fares. On indirect routes with BA connections (e.g. via Munich). But there were other much cheaper flights on the same day, direct.
    Okay, I got it. But direct or indirect route, that's too baffling :43K -55K for a PE class. Gotta be a millionaire.

Try Finnair

Coolboy likes this.

I bought two business return tickets to Germany on Lufthansa for 35k together a few months back.

yeah - the google flight search site is a great place to start too...shows you the cost of alternatives on the same day or other days. can also filter by loyalty plans (one world, sky team etc).

Quote Originally Posted by dynamco:
    Try Finnair
    Definitely this. The layovers both ways are minimal and the interchanges easy. Nice shiny plane. New planes, All classes good quality and cheaper!

Sometimes depending on dates business class return Is low 20K. Might still be a stretch for some but definitely a consideration

Emirates usually has very good rates to flights to Europe from here via Dubai.

hannah01, Coolboy and mrgoodkat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    I bought two business return tickets to Germany on Lufthansa for 35k together a few months back.
    I've had a very good time flying a fare deal of 35K for business class (return) with Emirates. So, I can't imagine paying that lump sum for a mere PE class. But that's me. Maybe that fare is meant to rip off the rich.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast