Like Tree12Likes

Star Trek Picard Trailer released

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jw1701:
    cant be any worse than discovery or Stewart would not be associated

looking forward to an Ian Mckellan guest role
    Patrick Stewart have said before he had no intention reprising his Picard role (can't say I blame him, Nemesis was probably the worst of the NG films). So the fact that he has now changed his mind must mean the script or story must be up to a certain quality standard for him to agree to return to the role.

Of course, the producers could also have offered a nice fat package filled with lots of $$$ to him, but at his age, I don't think Stewart really needs the money. I have heard Stewart does have a large say about the storyline, so that would likely be the stronger incentive to return to the role.

Quote Originally Posted by jw1701:
    cant be any worse than discovery or Stewart would not be associated

looking forward to an Ian Mckellan guest role
    Patrick Stewart has been in some real shite by the way, so let's not pretend he's some bastion of quality.

EDIT: On reflection that came across as a touch harsh, he's also been in some great films/TV. My point was we can't take it for granted Picard will be good just because Patrick Stewart is in it.
    Last edited by Stu79; 23-07-2019 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Bit mean on Patrick Stewart!
    shri and Coolboy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79:

EDIT: On reflection that came across as a touch harsh, he's also been in some great films/TV. My point was we can't take it for granted Picard will be good just because Patrick Stewart is in it.
    Indeed we can't. I am just hoping the new series will do the NG crew justice finally. Nemesis was a movie directed by someone who had no clue about Star Trek and decided to take a big fat dump on it. The movie still stinks to this day. Horrible way to end a a beloved series (and a lot worse than that controversial Game of Thrones ending). The NG always seem better on the small screen than the big screen, the NG crew arguably only had one really good movie (First Contact), the rest were mediocre at best, Generations was forgettable, although in fairness, Insurrection, while not great, is kind of entertaining to watch if you are in the mood.

Compared that to the Original Series crew, where they had at least three good movies out of the six they did (the better ones were Wrath of Khan, Voyage Home and Undiscovered Country).

Star Trek Picard has released a new trailer with some more familiar faces popping up, hmmmm:

Kowloon Goon likes this.