Like Tree103Likes

Is giving up a $150k Engineering job in Silicon Valley to move to HK a bad idea?

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

I turn a blind eye to it. It does make me cringe but more local mom and pop places store their meat out in the alley. And I'm pretty sure at night, the rats run rampant because the cockroaches run free during the day sometimes.

I like the mouth guards the workers wear at Fairwood. What I don't like is customers who can't wait patiently for their food breathing all over it and talking over my food if I don't grab it soon enough.

So you cook all of your own food?

it_guy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    I turn a blind eye to it. It does make me cringe but more local mom and pop places store their meat out in the alley. And I'm pretty sure at night, the rats run rampant because the cockroaches run free during the day sometimes.

I like the mouth guards the workers wear at Fairwood. What I don't like is customers who can't wait patiently for their food breathing all over it and talking over my food if I don't grab it soon enough.

Have you suffered from bad food poisoning in the past?

No. I have not.

Yes, most of the time. I don't like eating out.
    Skyhook likes this.

I also dont like washing of untensils and dishware at the local places. With Fairwood, I can ask for a takeaway box and plastic fork and disappear into the crowd to eat. With the local eateries you can ask for takeway but they will stare you down while you are eating it there if you do so. Not worth the scene IMO.

Sith and Morrison like this.

A plastic fork - no chopsticks for you?

it_guy likes this.

Not even touch but don’t look at my food

Gawd, I miss the States. You can walk into a 7-11 in HK 10,000 times and not encounter something so entertaining. It's sort off off topic based on what the OP was inquiring about but he's gonna miss this if he moves to HK!

Let me flip the coin on its head a bit. I would not give up a 150K job in Hong Kong or Singapore for Silicon Valley.

Some people may find such a way of thinking moronic. But that's just me *shrug*

P.S. Read some of the generalizations being made regarding Asian women. I am imagining the terrible lives of all those poor Western sods who came here to marry younger, more attractive, more feminine Asian women. Also, you don't want me to start on Western women, LOL!!!

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast