Like Tree33Likes

Financial Planners / Advisors in HK ?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I just read this thread. It's a pity there is no financial planning advisor that you could consult and make long term planning with in Hong Kong. For that to work, system should not reward these people with commission on products sold / bought.

I have had experience with many banks; so called financial planning consists of people to the tune of car salesmen pushing me to buy all kinds of crap.

I had rarely good experience with citigold, with a few good RM's. But they also rush to get you out quickly and switch funds. Of course the commissions.

I wonder how many ppl in Asia are willing to pay for time of a planner, say, on a per hour basis maybe 1k HKD/hour, to spend time to understand your full position, explain to you a solution package for you... etc.. and carry out review of your financial position maybe every six months or annually...

a full understanding of your position is going to take, maybe 3 hours.. followed by 2 hours to put together something for you and explain to you.. and 2 hours every six months to go through what is being executed and their performance..

so its like 5k hkd to start, and 4k hkd annually to maintain... would you pay for it ?

I would. much cheaper than paying 2-3% commission for a fund purchased through any bank.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    I wonder how many ppl in Asia are willing to pay for time of a planner, say, on a per hour basis maybe 1k HKD/hour, to spend time to understand your full position, explain to you a solution package for you... etc.. and carry out review of your financial position maybe every six months or annually...

a full understanding of your position is going to take, maybe 3 hours.. followed by 2 hours to put together something for you and explain to you.. and 2 hours every six months to go through what is being executed and their performance..

so its like 5k hkd to start, and 4k hkd annually to maintain... would you pay for it ?
    shri likes this.

Yes.

When you move away from the instituational level, most investors and advisors in HK are mostly nothing but chart readers IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Yes.
    Why pay when you can get as much free advice as you can handle on this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Why pay when you can get as much free advice as you can handle on this forum?
    Remember that one time, in a random bar, you thanked me on behalf of all your professional colleagues for paying someone for advice.
    traineeinvestor likes this.

Remember that one time, in a random bar, you thanked me on behalf of all your professional colleagues for paying someone for advice.
    I do indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fei88:
    I would. much cheaper than paying 2-3% commission for a fund purchased through any bank.
    Yes.
    Ok one day i will gather a group of ex investment advisors from the private banks and see if they want to start this business...

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    Ok one day i will gather a group of ex investment advisors from the private banks and see if they want to start this business...
    I am all for this. It can be a set of pre-packaged base solutions with lifestyle/lifestrategy tweaks.

A lot of law firms offer pre packaged retainers for small businesses and this could be a good model.

If I were to do it, I'd probably do a 1 day group starter session to get everyone on a base knowledge level and then individualised consults.
    alexdown likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast