Door frame cost

Closed Thread

Door frame cost

Does anyone have an idea of the cost of replacing a door frame for a main door?

I kicked in our door in after locking myself out a few years ago, the part of the frame where the door lock is located broke off. I had that part repaired but you can tell if you look closely it was damaged.

I'd like to get an idea of the cost of replacement in case the landlord decides to ask me to change it when we move out in a couple of months.

Not cheap.

It depends how the door frame is attached into the wall and thus how much damage is done to the wall in removing the frame, If the wall is tiled (Like many HK public hallways are) there's a high liklehood that the tiles adjoining the frame will be broken and that would add significant cost to the job. My very rough guestimate would be 3K to 9K (depending on how good the existing frame is too.)

A partial repair (if possible) would be a better option. (not as strong no doubt, but sounds like you're just looking to hide the damage from the landlord...... tsk ;-)

Would it be possible to replace just one panel or section of the frame? The force of my kicks caused the paint around the door frame (inside side) to crack a bit so there's no hiding it even if I wanted. The frame itself seems solid and sturdy, apart from the part around the lock that broke and was professionally repaired. At the end of the day I'm the one that caused the damage and I will have to take responsibility for it if my landlord decides, but I'm hoping that it won't cost so much.