View Poll Results: Who will be the next Chief Executive?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Matthew Cheung

2 9.52%
  • Norman Chan

3 14.29%
  • Paul Chan

1 4.76%
  • Bernard Chan

2 9.52%
  • None of the above; please specify

12 57.14%
  • Henry Tang

1 4.76%
Like Tree76Likes

Beijing draw up plans to replace Lam as CE.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    I really don't know how credible this story is. BUT, there is always a possibility that Beijing may intentionally leak certain news to gauge the reaction of the HK public to a potential replacement of Lam.
    If they've leaked it to the FT, it's not to gauge the reaction of the HK public, but that of the international financial sector.
    shri and MatthieuTofu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    If they've leaked it to the FT, it's not to gauge the reaction of the HK public, but that of the international financial sector.
    Or both HK and international reaction. The FT is widely read in HK too, at least in influential HK circles.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    Genius Ho if they have by some miracle actually managed to "stabilise" things, Henry Tang if they haven't.
    Was this a joke that I missed, or a real name?

Edit: On reflection, it's probably a joke. But in HK you can never be sure.
    imparanoic and MatthieuTofu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Was this a joke that I missed, or a real name?

Edit: On reflection, it's probably a joke. But in HK you can never be sure.
    Some people think Junious is a stable genius.
    jgl, timonoj, greenmark and 1 others like this.

Could it be related to what Carrie said last week a possible reform?

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...2-20191019.htm

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01:
    Voted none of the above because we're never sure which thug they might be secretly nurturing (away from the public eye).
    A gladiator.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    Genius Ho if they have by some miracle actually managed to "stabilise" things, Henry Tang if they haven't.
    If things can be stabilise, Beijing will continue with Carrie Lam.

I would prefer John Tsang Chun-wah, he is a moderate and most people in HK believe in him, but i don't think he would be chosen.

Let's hope it's not Junius Ho, he has traid links and he will ensure hk end up like mogadishu , he is also racist as well (recent comments about Ms Mo).

Henry Tang, not sure, but i presume he will be more compentent than Ms Lam, she should be in the streets every time there is a serious incident, not hiding in offices and disappearing for days on end, note how she visits the iman and mosque after sunday incident which means she finally knows have to calm the situation but that's 4 months too late, from the very start she should make daily press reports and visiting the streets and meeting people to possibly relieve the tension and distrust, but it's too late now

How about the Indian RTHK lady? =P

Cheeky Kiwi likes this.

Any replacement of Lam may only provide short-term relief as the fundamental problem is not who should be the CE, but the institutional and systemic problem with governance of HK.

In short, unless Beijing honours its commitment to HK autonomy and allow eventual democracy, the problem will remain. Because under the current system, local officials are only interested in currying favours from Beijing rather than explain the HK situation to them:

https://www.scmp.com/comment/opinion...onomy-and-halt

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast