View Poll Results: Who will be the next Chief Executive?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Matthew Cheung

2 9.52%
  • Norman Chan

3 14.29%
  • Paul Chan

1 4.76%
  • Bernard Chan

2 9.52%
  • None of the above; please specify

12 57.14%
  • Henry Tang

1 4.76%
Like Tree76Likes

Beijing draw up plans to replace Lam as CE.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    I would prefer John Tsang Chun-wah, he is a moderate and most people in HK believe in him, but i don't think he would be chosen.

Let's hope it's not Junius Ho, he has traid links and he will ensure hk end up like mogadishu , he is also racist as well (recent comments about Ms Mo).

Henry Tang, not sure, but i presume he will be more compentent than Ms Lam, she should be in the streets every time there is a serious incident, not hiding in offices and disappearing for days on end, note how she visits the iman and mosque after sunday incident which means she finally knows have to calm the situation but that's 4 months too late, from the very start she should make daily press reports and visiting the streets and meeting people to possibly relieve the tension and distrust, but it's too late now
    John Tsang is very popular among the local population. But CY Leung doesn't like him; so I don't think he has any chances.

If Beijing does indeed select John Tsang, Hong Kong will return to normalcy.

Quote Originally Posted by nivek2046:

If Beijing does indeed select John Tsang, Hong Kong will return to normalcy.
    Fat chance Beijing will accept John Tsang. Anyone who enjoys broad popular support is automatically ruled out by Beijing.

Getting rid of Carrie Lam doesn't make any difference in the way it governs, that is what I think and also what I hear some people said too. At the same time, I believe Beijing think the same replacing Carrie would not stops the protest.

Beijing likes Carrie, the only reason they discontinue her would be that she doesn't want to continue. It shows in some of her latest public events, she has became less engage.

Coolboy and Paxbritannia like this.

My money is on Sixtus Baggio.

陈全国

Beijing had a perfect opportunity to "step up" and grant the public the opportunity to vote for their next CEO in a special election. Unfortunately, that doesn't appear like it will happen.

Mefisto likes this.

Things certainly got interesting with this cryptic tweet from Global Times...

https://twitter.com/globaltimesnews/...72008321036289

Quote Originally Posted by nivek2046:
    Jasper Tsang, Regina Ip, a few former Commissioners of Police (eg Donald Tsang's brother)..
    Jasper Tsang - guy is too smart to take that job.
    Regina Ip - pitchforks, torches, government house on fire and PLA deployed. Worst outcome possible.
    What happened to that Starry Lee lady? Loyalist chair, close to Jasper, Non-civil service career - don't think I've seen her in the news at all the last six months. Which might be exactly what a candidate needs to be viable?

Quote Originally Posted by greenmark:
    My money is on Sixtus Baggio.
    won't he shortly recieve US citzenship for their work, i believe he is probably in states at this current moment
    Last edited by imparanoic; 23-10-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by er2:
    Jasper Tsang - guy is too smart to take that job.
    Regina Ip - pitchforks, torches, government house on fire and PLA deployed. Worst outcome possible.
    What happened to that Starry Lee lady? Loyalist chair, close to Jasper, Non-civil service career - don't think I've seen her in the news at all the last six months. Which might be exactly what a candidate needs to be viable?
    Starry Lee is a possibility.

But she needs to be a cabinet secretary first for a few years, eg Secretary for Home Affairs, Secretary for Financial Services.

When she reaches the age of about 60, it is likely she will become chief executive..