Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rani

Filipino visas in the UK

Closed Thread

Filipino visas in the UK

Dear all
    I know that the rules for Filipinos working in the UK changed a few years ago and it is harder for them to work there now.
    However, we are considering moving home (Scotland) and would very much like to investigate if there is any way our helper could move back with us (for more than 6 months). Does anyone know how to begin finding out about this? A simple Google search throws up an overwhelming amount of information!
    My family runs a pre-school in Scotland and could employ her directly there (she would still live with us but work at the pre-school, at least part time). She would be happy to do all of the above but we need to try and find out if it's remotely possible.
    Many thanks in advance for any advice.
    lifeinthe852

Quote Originally Posted by lifeinthe852:
    Dear all
    I know that the rules for Filipinos working in the UK changed a few years ago and it is harder for them to work there now.
    However, we are considering moving home (Scotland) and would very much like to investigate if there is any way our helper could move back with us (for more than 6 months). Does anyone know how to begin finding out about this? A simple Google search throws up an overwhelming amount of information!
    My family runs a pre-school in Scotland and could employ her directly there (she would still live with us but work at the pre-school, at least part time). She would be happy to do all of the above but we need to try and find out if it's remotely possible.
    Many thanks in advance for any advice.
    lifeinthe852
    I wish you all the best but I think this may be hard as she is not qualified. I will ask someone I know though.

Thank you so much. She worked with children in the Philippines, in a health care setting so I can check with her as to whether she has any qualifications at all.
    Appreciate your help.

I don't think you can take a helper back permanently. Have heard of 6-month visas being granted. British Connections can help with the paperwork.

hullexile likes this.

My friend, not a visa expert but deals a lot with Filipinos either in the UK or trying to get in, agrees very unlikely. She would need a very good salary at the school.

I agree with Rani, see what British Connections say.

Transferring an employee to UK, tried to get her helper in with her (even tried calling her 'Housekeeper' which she is in reality).

Legal advice:

With respect to the Housekeeper, unfortunately there isn’t a visa category under which the Housekeeper would be able to transfer to the UK as a domestic worker for the transferee. Only visitors or British nationals are allowed to bring domestic workers to the UK, even then it can only be for a period of six months.