Like Tree1972Likes

Hong Kong's steady descent into a police state

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    How did the fall happen - was the police involved? I understand they (police) obstructed the 1st responders and delayed the ambulance.

https://twitter.com/yc67qQT2I...13031547342850

The police shot tear gas at the 3rd floor of the carpark, and the reports I have seen are that he fell while fleeing tear gas. None so far suggest what the police are denying.

Looking into the details and some analysis, I think it was a pure accident. I suspect that the young man was probably running fast wanting to look outside but did not realised that there was an internal balcony and fell from there.

It said there were no sign of tear gas.

But the police did blocked paramedic ambulance.

https://today.line.me/HK/article/V39...urce=copyshare

Quote Originally Posted by a voice:
    Looking into the details and some analysis, I think it was a pure accident. I suspect that the young man was probably running fast wanting to look outside but did not realised that there was an internal balcony and fell from there.

Oh, might be there was another possibility, he probably thought it was second floor so he climbed over the internal wall without looking and thought he can step onto the ground, didn't realised it was third floor and then fell down to second floor. Just by looking into the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by a voice:

They were also throwing bricks at the police. Given he was in the car park then I assume he had a car there or was at least a passenger in someone else's car.

Hope the poor chap recovers.

Elefant&Castle and Mefisto like this.

HKU student fell from car park

About the Hong Kong university student injured during car park fall, “Kowloon East Superintendent Wu Ka-yan said that Chow likely fell between 12.45am and 1am but that his officers did not realise the accident happened until they saw firefighters applying first aid in the car park at 1.05am.”

I do not understand how no police there noticed this happening for a quarter of an hour. After all, for their use of “appropriate force” they claim they can tell who is a violent protester and who is just a stander-by. Oh wait, no, in Prince Edward MTR station it was hard to tell them apart…

So the police knows what’s happening, doesn’t know what’s happening, or does not see what’s happening; all depending on what is the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellenna:
    About the Hong Kong university student injured during car park fall, “Kowloon East Superintendent Wu Ka-yan said that Chow likely fell between 12.45am and 1am but that his officers did not realise the accident happened until they saw firefighters applying first aid in the car park at 1.05am.”

I do not understand how no police there noticed this happening for a quarter of an hour. After all, for their use of “appropriate force” they claim they can tell who is a violent protester and who is just a stander-by. Oh wait, no, in Prince Edward MTR station it was hard to tell them apart…

So the police knows what’s happening, doesn’t know what’s happening, or does not see what’s happening; all depending on what is the situation.
    That is the downside to protestor clothing, it's basically camouflage in the evening.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast